Cyclingpeaks question

Jason

Best to get your own version' date=' does not cost that much and it's brilliant, don't have any other gadgets on the bike, just have to change the battery again or maybe give the strap a good beating that sometimes works, what is it with Grey's Anatomy my wife is addicted, and she just got a copy of the new season from my old lady.....[/quote'] I'll have a look, which package do I get? Athlete Home Addition or what? Dunno what's with Grey's, but this disease is spreading fast!!
download the free trial version of wko+, make sure you download it onto your own computer as you won't be able to move it once activated....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

download the free trial version of wko+' date=' make sure you download it onto your own computer as you won't be able to move it once activated....[/quote'] LOL Yup I know... we tried to hack Michelle's on to my machine with no success... Clown Jason2008-01-03 02:26:37

Funny funny... Tongue

Plan of action is to send Jason on another 9-hour ride' date=' then download into cyclingpeaks & poweragent... check if the raw data on poweragent has the jumps in time, then we will know that it's the powertap... if it's correct there, then it must be the cyclingpeaks... Wink
[/quote'] where on earth do you guys ride 6 to 9hrs in Jhb??

where on earth do you guys ride 6 to 9hrs in Jhb??

question should rather be why ride 6 to 9 hours?

jason - what do you have the sleep time set to of the CPU?  and the autostart options - heartrate and speed or just speed?

i have mine set to sleep after 2mins and autostart on speed & have not had the time problems. 

question should rather be why ride 6 to 9 hours?

jason - what do you have the sleep time set to of the CPU?  and the autostart options - heartrate and speed or just speed?

i have mine set to sleep after 2mins and autostart on speed & have not had the time problems. 
Hey Dr., my sleep is set to 5 minutes and my autostart is set to just speed... I'll check tomorrow morning if there's any hic-cups again... I'm on the IDT tonight... Funny enough it never gives errors with time on the IDT... Must be our k@k roads or something

Hey Dr.' date=' my sleep is set to 5 minutes and my autostart is set to just speed... I'll check tomorrow morning if there's any hic-cups again... I'm on the IDT tonight... Funny enough it never gives errors with time on the IDT... Must be our k@k roads or something

[/quote']

but then again you dont stop on the IDT...

sounds like you are only getting this when you stopped & the CPU & hub went to sleep & you woke it up again by pressing a button.

is the actual time on the CPU correct?  so if you stop at 09:00 and start again at 09:10 it sounds like the CPU will say that you stopped for 30mins instead of 10 - does the actual time on the CPU then still say 09:10,  or does it say 09:30?

do you have the wireless version? i've still got the old one and i'm struggling with the heart rate strap' date=' replaced the batteries but the unit still keeps dropping my heart rate then takes a minute to pick it up again, that really pi$%^^ me off, anyway maybe you should reload cycling peaks, good luck...[/quote'] No, no wireless version... Only the rich Indian kids like Pantani can afford those Wink. I don't use my strap... You don't have any other devices attached that may interfere? I don't have cycling peaks, I use Michelle's, maybe I should just buy the software and check it out on my machine... There's too much cr@p on her machine... House, Desperate House Wifes, Grey's Anatomy etc etc LOL

Rich Indian kids? Dude, I'm a Bruin Ou and Trevor Manuel is my father! That explains the money, now, about your software problem... PM me if you want help!

I'm interested ... did you work out what was causing this?
Cry Nope... Although today on the IDT it worked 100%. All my IDT training session seem OK, it's just when I'm out on the road where it adds 10 minutes here and there. Below is a graph, you'll see the grey bars circled in red are where the extra bits of time gets added... Some of them are 10 minutes long and it all adds up to the time in brackets.

20080103_112004_graph.JPG

Below you can see the RAW data as viewed in Cyclingpeaks... You can see 54 minutes in to my ride I'm cruising down a hill (0 WATTS) and then all of a sudden no readings, it jumps from 54 minutes to 1h 04 minutes Confused

20080103_112424_data.JPG

WHY!?! Ermm

From your graph it only seems to happen when you are not pedalling and on the IDT you probably don't coast. Doesn't the CPU try the auto-zero during coasting?

My guess is that it is the CPU at fault. Have you reset it? Is it displaying the correct time of day?

Jason your reply will be posted soon,  WB is typing away next to me Thumbs%20Up

LOL he beat me too it

Skye2008-01-03 11:37:29

From your graph it only seems to happen when you are not pedalling and on the IDT you probably don't coast. Doesn't the CPU try the auto-zero during coasting?

My guess is that it is the CPU at fault. Have you reset it? Is it displaying the correct time of day?
I zero the torque once a week, this is what the PT agents recommend. Time is correct on the CPU and am I'm correct when saying that when you coast your wattage should go to zero otherwise you need to zero the torque?

I'm not 100% sure when you say try auto-zero during coasting? Is this a setting on the PT CPU?

Ja, you can set it to auto-zero then you don't have to do it regularly. I still check every now and then but it zeroes itself when it works out that you are moving at speed (but coasting) and any slight torque must be an offset so it zeros it. Set it through the Poweragent software. But you should reset the CPU first.

Hold down both buttons until the SET Edt 1234 is displayed.

Press the right button until the d (default) flashes

Press the left button once

Press the right button once

Press the left button again

It should go back to the main screen with everything defaulted. Once or twice I was getting rubbish data and funnies. After defaulting it came right.

You will have to configure anything you want different from default. I always use the Poweragent software to configure the CPU.

edit: The setting is a check box labeled "Automatically adjust torque offset"

Windbreaker2008-01-03 12:02:58