Cycling Glasses... Hmmmmmm

LukeV-2

Jawbones are bold, man.

Rudy more subtle.

Now it is up to personal preference / style... each for his own.

And, of course, the bucks.

I have a pair of Evil Eye half rim pro's , Project Genetyk and Bones . . .

I prefer the Evil eye half rims for racing ! (Maybe its because tha wife bought them for me . . . )

(my 2 cents worth )

And scratch resistance and stuff?? I checked the rudy's claimed they'll survive a strike from a hammer?

Pop them on. Let's give it a test....................

Great reply.. Thanks.. I cant handle scratches, I'll lose my mind..

Tell me about it, I scratched my brand new prescription Ray Bans two after getting them, not a happy bunny. I've got a pair of adidas Adizero, and love them, no misting feel light and have had them made into photocromatic prescription.

Not sure what rudy lenses the guys are using but I have the ImpactX and they don't scratch that easily. Mine has taken some abuse with only a scratch here or there.

I bought a set of Rudy Rydons after everyone raved about them and used them twice.I prefer my Oakley Radar for cycling.

Try a pair from a friend or club mate and see what you like.

The Rydons have those flexy nose rest thingies and arms, for customised fitting.

It's cool feature.

I had RP Rydon's with photochromic clear lenses and thought that they were great, but perhaps on the small side for my large dial. I then got the Genetyk's also with clear photochromic lenses hoping that they were bigger. They were bigger, but I still get watery eyes on long fast descents. They are great for the early morning rides and mountain bike rides, but to agree with Covie, they dont really go dark enough during the day.

So that leaves me lusting for some Jawbones with photochromic lenses for early mornings and mtb with some polarised lenses for longer road rides. I think they will sit better on my face and keep the wind out of my eyes.

Anyone wanna buy my Genetyk's?

post-615-0-74067800-1330363430.png

They were bigger, but I still get watery eyes on long fast descents.

I have the same problem with the Rydons and they mist up very quickly.

I have the same problem with the Rydons and they mist up very quickly.

Anything will mist up in Central Northern Europe right now, gummi...

Froze my noodle off there a few weeks ago.

I'm a huge Evil Eyes fan! Have both the previous model and the half rim. No issue with scratched lenses at all and very comfy.

That being said I also have a pair of Rudy Rydons and they're brilliant too, although the lenses are a bit more sensitive to scratches, but nothing major.

The EEs are by far the better looking pair of the two (IMO) if looks mean anything.

But the Rudy's are almost a grand cheaper (if cwc's still doing them for R1599)

The EE Pro does come with two lenses , one LST and one clear orange.

Tough call mate.. But I'd go EE!