Free Tools - what would you choose?

Caerus

For that I would use a mobile waterjet cutter, no chance of burning the money.

Ah, I see I need to defer to your greater experience ... thanks for the tip!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be/ are, they were just not in this particular brochure. I can get back to you :thumbup:

Please let me know how much the 2-25Nm torque wrenches are going for. I ordered one from CRC last November in a group order and am still waiting for mine... :cursing:

As for the powertools, I use the blue Bosch Industrial range. I bought a Ryobi pack (10mm Drill, 4" grinder and an orbital sander). The drill was k@k (electronic trigger wasn't very good. On or off and the chuck was too small) The grinder lasted just over a year and the orbital sander still works. (Better than sanding by hand...) Spend the money and buy right. It will last you a lifetime and works out cheaper in the long run.

Being serious for a change

I'm also in the market for a decent torque wrench, and a Shimano BB tool - did an order at BuyCycle just this week and totally forget to add those. I've got quite a few other tools that aren't high quality that I could be tempted to replace for a good price.

Best range of tools I've ever had the pleasure of using are Festool. Beautifully made and work like a dream, more for tradesmen then DIY, but one day I will have them. The cost a fortune, but are certainly worth it.

I do have a few fancy thingies in my workshop, a Bosch Jigsaw that can handle larger blades. Even pruned some trees with it previously and also usefull for cutting metal and Alu. I also have a Emco Unimat 3 Metal Lathe with Milling Attachment and many other goodies and attachments for it that I purchased secondhand for R550-00 Eternal piece of joy to manufacture your own things. I have even made a alu dropout for one of our Tandems on it.

Please let me know how much the 2-25Nm torque wrenches are going for. I ordered one from CRC last November in a group order and am still waiting for mine... :cursing:

As for the powertools, I use the blue Bosch Industrial range. I bought a Ryobi pack (10mm Drill, 4" grinder and an orbital sander). The drill was k@k (electronic trigger wasn't very good. On or off and the chuck was too small) The grinder lasted just over a year and the orbital sander still works. (Better than sanding by hand...) Spend the money and buy right. It will last you a lifetime and works out cheaper in the long run.

The Ryobi pack that you bought would have been the Ryobi home stuff (builders warehouse / game etc sells them for next to nothing) They are nowhere near the quality of the Ryobi Commercial stuff, which is, quite frankly, sublime.

And yes, spend first, reap the rewards later... Things last, but you have to pay for that quality, unfortunately. Things like more copper in the windings, better brushes, superior batteries / contacts & better tolerances make for a far better product.

Yup those thingies are "my sister uses it" stuff

T Handle Allen and Torx keys

I agree , but If the budget allows a Park tools bicycle service stand. It`s unlikely that you would spend the money yourself but it will be money well spent .

The Ryobi pack that you bought would have been the Ryobi home stuff (builders warehouse / game etc sells them for next to nothing) They are nowhere near the quality of the Ryobi Commercial stuff, which is, quite frankly, sublime.

And yes, spend first, reap the rewards later... Things last, but you have to pay for that quality, unfortunately. Things like more copper in the windings, better brushes, superior batteries / contacts & better tolerances make for a far better product.

Absolutely! I burnt the armature out in my Bosch and was quote close to R1k to replace it. Needless to say I freaked out and in a moment of weakness I bought the cheap stuff... Never again. Always spend up front. Even if you think you don't need it.

I got everything on my bucket list :clap: Probably about R6k ++ of free tools coming my way. I may also be getting all the various size torque wrenches you will need, this will be confirmed tomorrow.

I can get the Geodore range as well. I will be be getting full prices and catalogue in the next few days. I'm thinking along the lines of a bicycle related maintanence tool kit at good prices :thumbup:

This is going to be huge so watch this space.

FREE TOOLS, HOW LUCKY CAN YOU GET!

Stahlwilhe are definitely the best but very, very pricey. Beta is also good and Gedore will get the job done. There is no better than Makita for power tools. I have rubbished several Bosch Grey drills in my life. Stanley yellow is really bottom end (they used to be the bomb but do not touch them now) The new Stanley Red seems o'k, more industrial. Buy the best 'cos it is cheaper in the long run,

Free tools? Christmas!

I got everything on my bucket list :clap: Probably about R6k ++ of free tools coming my way. I may also be getting all the various size torque wrenches you will need, this will be confirmed tomorrow.

I can get the Geodore range as well. I will be be getting full prices and catalogue in the next few days. I'm thinking along the lines of a bicycle related maintanence tool kit at good prices :thumbup:

This is going to be huge so watch this space.

when can you post a website...."need" to get a few tools :)