Oakley replacement lenses

divernick

http://www.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/31/49243f2ca6c89.jpg

So my Oakley Antix glasses are now 2 years old and the lenses look like I dragged them through a sanpaper factory.

I enquired with Oakley SA about the cost of replacement polarised lenses.

I am glad I was sitting down. R1200 for new lenses? Yup.

So that's where my e-bay hunt began. And that's where I stumbled upon a company in Singapore that makes aftermarket lenses to fit most Oakley styles.

I bought a replacement black polarised lens for my Oakleys, with free shipping, including tax and customs clearance fees, for under R500.

2 weeks after I received my tracking number by email, they arrived at the local post office.

Nice!

I just bought new lenses from Walleva (also on Ebay) for my Jawbones. The lenses are incredible, awesome quality and it was R360 including shipping.

• 3 months later...

To avoid posting a new thread, I'll just post in here.

I'm looking to get new lenses for my flak jacket frames, got a quote from Oakley SA, R1300 for polarized, R750 for normal. Anyone know of a supplier where I can get authentic Oakley lenses for cheaper than this?

sunglasshut in blackriver park CPT is the main distrobuter for oakly lenses in SA.

Please contact Oakley for a quote on lenses as per your request below.

Their contact details: 0861 486 100, press the option for Repairs.

To avoid posting a new thread, I'll just post in here.

I'm looking to get new lenses for my flak jacket frames, got a quote from Oakley SA, R1300 for polarized, R750 for normal. Anyone know of a supplier where I can get authentic Oakley lenses for cheaper than this?

All the stuff you get of e-bay and other sources are fake, and shait, you pay half but they are useless, even though they get sold as the real thing.

sunglasshut in blackriver park CPT is the main distrobuter for oakly lenses in SA.

Please contact Oakley for a quote on lenses as per your request below.

Their contact details: 0861 486 100, press the option for Repairs.

Thanks! Seems these are the same contact details I got.

All the stuff you get of e-bay and other sources are fake, and shait, you pay half but they are useless, even though they get sold as the real thing.

Yeah, I did a quick look at e-bay, and could see they weren't authentic. I don't see the point in buying expensive glasses only to put fake lenses in them.

My Flakjacket lenses are looking @%#*€. Called Sunglasshut in Blackriver Park and they quoted me R250 + vat for sum yellow replacement lenses. The photochromic ones add about R1000 + vat. Gonna go with yellow ones. Frames about 2years old and dont see the point of putting R1300 lenses in.

Thanks! Seems these are the same contact details I got.

Yeah, I did a quick look at e-bay, and could see they weren't authentic. I don't see the point in buying expensive glasses only to put fake lenses in them.

The oakley suppliers in Johannesburg are in the Athol square shopping centre near Sandton.

my antrix only cost 799

i cant warrant a crazy price for new lenses.

mine were unscathed for over a year until they flew off my head into a moving landrover :/

still wearable tho

The contact number for Oakley that I have is 041 501 0200 (they are based in Walmer, PE) I have sent two pairs of glasses to them. First pair of Straight Jackets with a broken frame they offered me a "trade in" on a new pair of Straight Jackets as that model was discontinued. When those lenses were shot I sent them to Oakley for a quote on replacements and again I was offered a "trade in" as they too were discontinued. I ended up with a discount on a pair of Monster Dogs! Depending on the trade offer you could save around 30% off retail if they can't repair them.

I got a pair of monster dogs and was told that it was discontinued and bought Flak Jackets, but wasnt offered a trade though :(

VL replacement lenses sold on E Bay are generally not frowned upon by the members on the Oakley forums. Wide range of colours and supposedly good optics. My next Jawbone lenses will be from them to check them out..

http://stores.ebay.com/Visionary-Lenses

Edited by CAAD4

I got a pair of monster dogs and was told that it was discontinued and bought Flak Jackets, but wasnt offered a trade though :(

Did you send them to Oakley in Walmer?