As I lie here in hospital..........

Wobbles

As the result of a careless motorist you realise just how vulnerable u r on the road. I did nothing wrong and was well left on a double road at the back of a group when he hit me. There was nothing I could do to avoid the accident and I feel powerless.

All the hard traininhg for Argus wasted. At the moment I have no intention of training on the road again.

Enjoy your Argus!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad luck there, speedy recovery!

Too often I have avoided accidents with motorists driving like idiots, but its the one you don't see or can do nothing about that get you. And the thing is there is no effective policing or punitive measures, let alone any concept of the cyclist having any rights on the road.

Wobbles.. I work for an Emergency Service (cannot mention names) and see first hand the injuries caused by bad driving practices. And I am a Roadie and so experiance the other side of that evil coin. I have, however, not suffered a misfortune like yours; I am so sorry to hear you will miss the Argus as a result. And I can empathise with your emotional response to the incident.

I am sure you will heal and ride well agian. Stay strong Dude!

Get well, sad, but something I've learnt to do regularly is look behind me often and just see whats going on, even on quiet roads. You may just spot an idiot and get out of the way before he smashes into you.

Get well, sad, but something I've learnt to do regularly is look behind me often and just see whats going on, even on quiet roads. You may just spot an idiot and get out of the way before he smashes into you.

One the road you gotta have eyes on the back of your eyes, ears on the back of your ears, think for the driver, think like the driver, cause 50% of drivers will say they did not see/hear/ think you were there.

We have a mirror on the Tandem, laugh, categorise it with riser bars and bar ends....... I do not care, it has saved out bacon many times.

Edited by eccentric1

Tks guys. Beside bruises and cuts I have damaged pelvis ligaments requiring bed rest for a few weeks - now why is the Tour not on!!!!

Tks guys. Beside bruises and cuts I have damaged pelvis ligaments requiring bed rest for a few weeks - now why is the Tour not on!!!!

Think of all the time you can spend on thehub now!!!!

Get better dude. Glad its not a lot worse.

A mirror sonds like a good idea. Went riding in Ireland several yrs ago and the one yank had one attachjed to his glasses.

A mirror sonds like a good idea. Went riding in Ireland several yrs ago and the one yank had one attachjed to his glasses.

What about this?

You will look like a dork, but you will be an alive dork.

post-18409-0-07942600-1330926113.jpg

Look at the one made by Cateye. Anout100mm dia and attaches to the handlebars. Do not go for the smaller convex ones. Waste of money.

What about this?

You will look like a dork, but you will be an alive dork.

Nah..... It makes you look like a gyneacologist