weight loss diet

Lots of good advice here, but to add, have a look at an app called myfitnesspal. It has a wiki-type database of foods with their calorie & nutritional values which you can add to. It runs a daily count of energy in versus energy out set to your daily calorie goals. Great tool for weight loss. I'm not a diet fan as I think you need to set up healthy eating for life.

Also have a look at Mynetdiary.com for a good calorie tracker. Will help you understand how foods are made up (carbs, protein, fat)

iPhone android etc apps also available which sync with the website so you can capture foods away from your pc.

I've found that actually planning what I eat for the day ahead has made a big difference.

Train on an empty stomach early in the morning. At first it feels ***. Then after a week or two, you can manage it without feeling like a leper.

+1 ... I can't eat very early, my system doesn't like that... so I just have glass of fruit juice, and water on the bike.It works, I can only do it on weekends, start work early.

After trying many things over the years, I've found the Eco-Atkins works for me. It's basically a low carb, high protein, high fat diet. Fats are predominantly fish and veg based, not meat ( although there is still more than enough meat in the diet for me). I had a heart attack 6 months ago so high cholesterol items need to be managed carefully.

Just be aware that it's more a change in lifestyle than a simple do-this-and-loose-50kg diet. Don't try to jump in both feet at once .... Make the changes slowly over time so that it's not too onerous. I've been adapting my diet for 3 months and am nearly at the perfect balance.

The idea is to get your body to use fat and protein as its primary source of fuel. This process takes a while -3 weeks or so but the change has been noticeable. Spin offs are more energy, generally eat less, faster on the bike and lower fat %

For more info google Atkins , paleo or ketogenic diets or have a listen to what Tim Noakes has been saying lately. Also look for a book called 'Paleo diet for athletes' by joe friel .... A good balance of this approach but tailored for the requirements of athletes.

Some wise words being said here. It is not just about losing unwanted fat weight; that is just the side-effect. It is mainly about getting your health in order and sorting out typical western lifestyle diseases: high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, sugar and fat metabolism disorders. Atkins wrote a book explaining how nutrition is supposed to work. http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Vita-Nutrient-Solution-Natures/dp/0684844885 A worthwhile read. Very little theory in there, lots of practice.

Duromine 30mg x two daily.

x 2 daily! CRAZY :eek:

Eat clean

Eat every 3 hours

Have protein with every meal and snack

Green veggies at night time

Spin classes helped me shed weight. I was doing between 4 - 6 a week.

If you can, do cardio in the morning before breakfast.

Good luck. You'll get there.

:)

If you need help, maybe look into weighless - cheap, don't cut out any food group, never hungry and you go for weekly weigh ins.

I was 100kg at my last Argus and rode this year at 75kg. All I did was cut out bread and gym 3 times a week. I found by cutting out bread it stopped snacking and therefore the extra calories. I went on Phedra cut for 2 months before my wedding and felt it helped with discipline, and that's about it. Hoped it helps! Only took 3 min off my time this year though :(