AM Hardtail

BikeBailing

Hey peoples,

I need some input: I want to build myself a all mountain hardtail, so I have been looking around for long travel frames. I have riden some steel frames and absolutely love the feel. So far I have three frames in mind:

• Cotic BF

http://wideopenmag.co.uk/images/photo-709723.jpg

• Evil Sovereign

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/frames/mountain/1274967290576-1atlrz4uvabau-399-75.jpg

• Then the On One 456 (

I dream of the On One 456 Ti but haven't had much success in finding any available)

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/frames/mountain/WMB82.firstride.lynskey1_prev-399-75.jpg

So now I need to ask which would you take and why? I know the 456 is considerably cheaper than the other two (not the Ti version) but still not sure. I want something that is bulletproof and will provide me with the thrills of a long travel ht. I am also open to any other recomendations. Ps: I'm leaning towards a frame that can handle up to 150-160mm travel

I've seen a sweet Cotic BeFe out and about. I think it belings to the Cotic guys (Matthew). It has a 150mm fox fork, Crank Brothers wheels (which I personally think are crap), Saint drivetrain.

One of their riders took it down the Helderkruin DH track. I also heard Brad Illingworth took his BeFe down the cascades DH track. So very capable bike!

Yeah, I've had a go on that one, they are epic fun and can handle anything you can throw at them. I think your more likely to be let down by the rider before the frame :thumbup:

Doubt very much you'd go wrong with the BFe - tough as an old vellie - and if Cotic Matt can ride it and not break it, then I'm sure you can too.

FWIW there's a review of it coming up in the Feb issue of WMB magazine. I say "coming up" because SlowNA likely only has the Feb one on shelf by mid March!

Don't much care for the baboon ball blue colour though but Matt has come in er.. matt black which look pretty damn cool.

I also like the On One, but not sure about their representation in SA at the moment. Cotic I can guarantee has brilliant service.

Consider also the 456 summer season .. .slacker goe and built to break rocks when you plow through them.

Moretrails and Flowta on the Hub have these frames ... give them a shout.

I've got a 456 Summer Season. I'd recommend it. Nice ride and can handle what you throw at it.

Great bike, great price!

I have an old Azonic Steelhead , single speed with a 170mm fork on it. Its a rocketship down tokai! The long fork gives you a slacker head angle which is crucial for speed in the rough stuff. But any good steel hardtail frame will be pretty bulletproof. Enjoy!!!

456 Summer Season is a kick ass bike, makes some of my mates full sus rides look silly.

And the ride is pretty good too, being steel it is comfy and doesn't rattle your teeth out like a alu bike. The 456 Ti....mmmm now there is a bike I would dig to get my gloves on!

All the bikes you mentioned have some what of a cult following in their owners...so you not going to get any unbiased answers. Although, any of those bikes is going to be AWESOME!!!

So excited to build up a bike out of one of these, have to admit I am very keen on the Cotic after having a ride on it. It was such a naughty thing :drool: I'm dreaming of a green cotic I think mmmmmmmm :thumbup: