Best Mountain biking Town in SA?

neildp

I would have to say Howick, largely because of its central location. Great trails within 2-3 km from most areas in town. You can spend time (a really long time) riding on Howick trails and then pop across to Karkloof tracks! Hilton trails are also within riding distance and then Cascades is a short trip down the hill...

Another bonus is it is all safe, and a small town is just so much better!!

Howick ="the heart of the Midlands".

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George, all tracks are free and safe , anything from xc to to wide op road and mountainroads like montagu pass

Us guys from Paarl will just laugh softly into our sleeves and jealously guard our secret.....

I am with you on this eitan. :ph34r:

OK, so it's settled then. Difficult to boil it down to a specific town but KZN is by far the mountain biking heaven of SA. Thanks for playing.

you forgot to mention that the sharks will win the super15 and the currie cup and that the entire team should just swap into a green jersey for the trinations.

you forgot to mention that the sharks will win the super15 and the currie cup and that the entire team should just swap into a green jersey for the trinations.

will be a welcome change from that always happening with western province players :)

George, all tracks are free and safe , anything from xc to to wide op road and mountainroads like montagu pass

Must admit, Saazveld rocks!

This thread needs a poll

Let me be a stick in the mud, how can you vote if you havent ridden all the trails country wide? without that you can't make an informed decision?

But none the less might be an interesting outcome.

Let me be a stick in the mud, how can you vote if you havent ridden all the trails country wide? without that you can't make an informed decision?

But none the less might be an interesting outcome.

Don't be a stick in the mud oh mighty Oracle, but it does make sense, maybe it would have to be a perceived poll

Don't be a stick in the mud oh mighty Oracle, but it does make sense, maybe it would have to be a perceived poll

The Oracle shall keep vewwy vewwy qwwwwuiet.

Thanks guys. My bucket list of towns to ride and spend town in just grew.

I have to admit, we are spoilt for choice in the Cape, but not having ridden all, I won't vote just yet.

Will explore though. This weekend it is Wellington. Yes please!

Thanks guys. My bucket list of towns to ride and spend town in just grew.

I have to admit, we are spoilt for choice in the Cape, but not having ridden all, I won't vote just yet.

Will explore though. This weekend it is Wellington. Yes please!

WVP is awesome :)