Muslims riding Sani 2 Sea 2012

Bin Laden

Halaal.

Live and let live.

I like it if they have seperate food tables for the Halaal guys at functions. I often walk over to their food bowls to help myself to some of their foods. I sometimes get the idea their foods are more tastefull than the mass produced stuff the organizers dish up for the infidels.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason Halaal food tastes better; because more budget go into the food than budget being kept for alcohol :)

So much for team sponsors. These sponsors are the reason they can go all over the world and play for their country. Without the sponsors, there is no international sport (or national/provincial sport for that matter). I understand the part about standing up for aht you believe in but just because there is a logo on your shirt, doesn't mean that you need to drink/eat/use that product. Lok at how many guys use a bat without a logo.

If SAA sponsored your team and your carrier of choice was Airline X who didn't fly international flights, would you pay the fine and swim to your next international match? I don't think so.

No moral issues w.r.t flying airline A or B ;)

I'm not Muslim, but I'll have a moral dilemma being "branded" with an alcoholic beverage / tobacco product.

I can go with that.

Nice post.

The content of the enquiry of the OP is indeed legitimate and interesting to people who need Halaal (and kosher) food. Unfortunately, his chosen hub name makes it difficult to take his post seriously. Why anyone would choose to use the name of a mass murderer as his hub name is beyond me. Bin Laden is not only responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, but also for inducing the intense anti-Islam backlash.

My objection to the thread is thus not the content of the opening post per se (or even some of the stupid responses), but rather the fact that the OP chooses to associate his "religious enquiry" with Osama Bin Laden. In so doing, he does a supreme injustice to Moslem people generally. I find it offensive.

The content of the enquiry of the OP is indeed legitimate and interesting to people who need Halaal (and kosher) food. Unfortunately, his chosen hub name makes it difficult to take his post seriously. Why anyone would choose to use the name of a mass murderer as his hub name is beyond me. Bin Laden is not only responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, but also for inducing the intense anti-Islam backlash.

My objection to the thread is thus not the content of the opening post per se (or even some of the stupid responses), but rather the fact that the OP chooses to associate his "religious enquiry" with Osama Bin Laden. In so doing, he does a supreme injustice to Moslem people generally. I find it offensive.

Lets clear the air.

Bin Laden: I have been riding MTB for the past 7 seven years in little Mpumalanga ( very slowly: no race snake).

Up until recently very few people of my religion or race for that matter mountain biked in the area. The locals of which 90% were previously term Blankes and most of the Christian Faith gave me the Bin Laden handle. I was not offended and neither needed to justify

my faith. As a matter of fact I have been invited to theme parties and have dressed as a Suicide bomber.

The greatest thing about being South African is that we are able to Laugh @ ourselves.

Okay, so is there any Muslims who have done Sani @ sea?

What is your concern? Muslims taking part, or halaal food being served?

I am not asking the organizers of Sani 2 Sea to make special arrangements for people of the Muslim faith. I am simply asking Muslims that have ridden Sani @ Sea to give suggestions as to how they overcame the hurdle having Halaal meals. I last year rode 3 Towers @ mankele and had no problem consuming the salads and warm vegetables not contaminated by Meat. Since the race finished a the same venue daily i was easy to bring along HALAAL Protein.

Sani 2 Sea is a travelling stage race. I would not like to burden the organizers with lugging my "special" food around, Hence the QUESTION?

I am not asking the organizers of Sani 2 Sea to make special arrangements for people of the Muslim faith. I am simply asking Muslims that have ridden Sani @ Sea to give suggestions as to how they overcame the hurdle having Halaal meals. I last year rode 3 Towers @ mankele and had no problem consuming the salads and warm vegetables not contaminated by Meat. Since the race finished a the same venue daily i was easy to bring along HALAAL Protein.

Sani 2 Sea is a travelling stage race. I would not like to burden the organizers with lugging my "special" food around, Hence the QUESTION?

Maybe if you mentioned this in your first post I don't think this thread would of carried on for 8 pages

I happened to ride at Giba with two muslims,one of whom had ridden the Sani2c.

Maybe put them in contact with BL

Your opinion!

BL. Question is did you manage to make contact with organisers and ask if they could cater Halaal meals?

No moral issues w.r.t flying airline A or B ;)

I'm not Muslim, but I'll have a moral dilemma being "branded" with an alcoholic beverage / tobacco product.

It's the principle not the brand