Question to Admin

Big H*

The Fantom Menace - I like that Tumbleweed. :clap:

I guess, when a member of the forum goes to all the effort of registering one of his many accounts using a play on your name, you have to return the favour somehow. ;)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why I asked this question was to try and understand why the "evolution" thread was allowed to reach a kazillion pages, where Christians amongst others were torn to pieces, was allowed to continiue unabated,

Quite simple.

Christ is the joke of the world to many, especially those who don't believe in his story.

It's pretty much one sided and then the same people walk around the planet preaching racism etc.etc.etc.......

Quite simple.

Christ is the joke of the world to many, especially those who don't believe in his story.

It's pretty much one sided and then the same people walk around the planet preaching racism etc.etc.etc.......

*His

Well if you need advice on cycling you are on the wrong forum.

If you need advice on moral issues...Well you are still on the wrong forum. :D

If you want to buy and sell stuff, then you are at the right place!

Maybe............

You reckon its safe to start a Atheism vs Religion thread ? :whistling: :whistling:

an...........an Atheism vs Religion Thread.

Maybe even a Good English vs Bad Engrish thread?

Meh, I'm not a follower, but I seem to have grown as a person recently. I'll respect those that are.

:thumbup:

Morning.........

Meh, I'm not a follower, but I seem to have grown as a person recently. I'll respect those that are.

Agreed, Weedmod had a flip here about one sided views, whilstl he himself and every other two faced dog like myself is guilty of this all the time.

Sorry to say, but Eccentric has a point, I think it's time this forum and it's people slug things out properly for a change.

Let's get to the bottom of this **** and sort it out for once and all.

Edited by Dangle

an...........an Atheism vs Religion Thread.

Maybe even a Good English vs Bad Engrish thread?

Yaaaaaawn.

I never want to be mod!

Dunno why you guys do it, but good luck! I feel for you!

Plus +1

The reason why I asked this question was to try and understand why the "evolution" thread was allowed to reach a kazillion pages, where Christians amongst others were torn to pieces, was allowed to continiue unabated, whilst one joke (funny as well) on a muslim related post spurred the Monkey Mod, in a moment of panic to lock the thread.

I saw that as typical inconsistent standards as applied by moderators.

I hear you eccentric1, BUT, I think behavior on a board with a lot of people you dont know is much the same as going to a dinner party with a lot of people you dont know, and we should behave accordingly.

I very much doubt when someone is sitting opposite you, even if you dont know them from a bar of soap, you would jump into the discussion slugging, or demeaning their belief systems and calling them names, your social etiquette would make you think twice.

Perhaps we should try and behave accordingly here.?

On moderation, I must say I have seen posts removed quickly which were offensive to Christians on the thread you mention, so No, they were certainly involved and removed a number of really offensive posts very quickly. I could say they saved me from a mild heart attack on more than one occasion.! :)

In general, I have no issues with the moderators, actually I think they really try hard to be fair, but they can only do so much, in the end, it really just boils down to the people posting to keep controversial topics at a level of tranquility everyone can live with.

I hear you eccentric1, BUT, I think behavior on a board with a lot of people you dont know is much the same as going to a dinner party with a lot of people you dont know, and we should behave accordingly.

I very much doubt when someone is sitting opposite you, even if you dont know them from a bar of soap, you would jump into the discussion slugging, or demeaning their belief systems and calling them names, your social etiquette would make you think twice.

Perhaps we should try and behave accordingly here.?

On moderation, I must say I have seen posts removed quickly which were offensive to Christians on the thread you mention, so No, they were certainly involved and removed a number of really offensive posts very quickly. I could say they saved me from a mild heart attack on more than one occasion.! :)

In general, I have no issues with the moderators, actually I think they really try hard to be fair, but they can only do so much, in the end, it really just boils down to the people posting to keep controversial topics at a level of tranquility everyone can live with.

Thanks for that, Grumps.

Hey Dudes, we voted for our Mods. Its much the same as our screwed up politics. If you voted, you put normal hubbers into a position based on your respect for them and your apparent similar morals/standards/sense of humour, and a belief that they would perform their duties to the best of THEIR abilities. If you didn't vote, or didn't care to vote, HTFU

The reason why I asked this question was to try and understand why the "evolution" thread was allowed to reach a kazillion pages, where Christians amongst others were torn to pieces, was allowed to continiue unabated, whilst one joke (funny as well) on a muslim related post spurred the Monkey Mod, in a moment of panic to lock the thread.

I saw that as typical inconsistent standards as applied by moderators.

By the way that long and boring post trying to justify moderating by Wumbleteed made me think it was written by the long gone Big H in his "Goodbye" post. I thought Wumble protested too much.

Joke of the thread was Munkey Mod being called "ham fisted" on a thread about muslims.

Sometimes a person needs to be able to look beyond the end of their noses and engage their minds a little. The thread was closed because the OP posted an inflammatory comment. That thread would have been closed no matter who posted it or what religious background was indicated in the post. Humour has a time and place, that was not it. The OP had the distinct intention of causing trouble. It was closed by me to stop that happening. However on more thought, the OP did have a valid question about the Halaal issue, and so I opened it again after editing out the offensive parts.

On a personal note, I would like to kindly ask you to refrain from using the terms munkey or monkey, or anything similar. My nickname on here is Slowbee, or you can feel free to call me Terry.

And why do you like to stir, ever since I have been on this forum, it seems the majority of your posts are about wanting to cause fights and I have no idea why?

Sometimes .......

Sorry for cutting you words.

Regarding that thread, I actually still have my doubts that the OP is actually Muslim.

I saw the original jokes etc.... and think you did rather well.

But that was that thread.