The Notties-Himeville 100

Devlin Fogg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

respect to Dangle - hope he had some time to take some photo's of Notties in the mist at the start.

did a 6:29 - good training ride for J2c

Tough ride, excellent prep for Sani2c and fantastic scenery but not the most spectacular race if you like technical stuff. I just wonder why they even bothered with that little bit of single track at the start.

Tough ride, excellent prep for Sani2c and fantastic scenery but not the most spectacular race if you like technical stuff. I just wonder why they even bothered with that little bit of single track at the start.

to avoid the tar i guess. i quite enjoyed the start (except for the bottlenecks). i think this will be a popular event in the future - particularly considering its proximity to the x2 2c races

What happend to the goodie bags and finishers T-shirts that was advertised with the entries? :huh:

to avoid the tar i guess. i quite enjoyed the start (except for the bottlenecks). i think this will be a popular event in the future - particularly considering its proximity to the x2 2c races

I still don't get it, we rode on the tar later on so what gives? In the context of the race it really just createdunnecessary bottlenecks plus unfortunately for some less experienced riders a fall and race over. We might as well have hit the tar and got on with it IMHO. But I still would have enjoyed a few more technical challenges along the way although it might have made the day a lot longer than it already was!

We might as well have hit the tar and got on with it IMHO.

i preferred the track and its associated bottlenecks way more than i would have 30km of tar (as opposed to only 10km). they had way more entries than expected so my guess is next year they will have some batching

What happend to the goodie bags and finishers T-shirts that was advertised with the entries? :huh:

the last email we received mentioned they could not get a major sponsor to provide those. i still think it was reasonable value for money considering the logistics of two different start and finishes

@Heman I took it easy there was about 4 or 5 ladies infront of me.

Were there any other hubbers at the race?

Caerus how was your race?

Hi, did not manage to ride, my mother was rushed into ICU on Friday, so spent most of my weekend at the hospital.

Big up to Dangle, thats very impressive :thumbup:

What a nice race.

I will say that it was sold a bit wrong, chatting to Jeremy Thomson most of the way we came to the conclusion that most of the riders who came to do the event as an "easy but long" ride would have suffered endlessly.

In any case, I really enjoyed the route and I think the organization was actually great.

I think the route has a good balance of everything, the single track in the beginning was rather enjoyable but a shock to the system on cold legs :blink:

It took my legs at least 30 k's to get going and once I got my legs back I also then realized that the route was not single speed friendly at all, no route is, but this is either hard grinding or fast downhills.

With the climb up to Snowtop I thought I was going to die but still felt very comfortable after that.

I was lying around 4th. at that stage thinking that I could open the taps more as I had quite a bit in reserve.

From the second last water table it all fell apart, from there on the race is very fast and perfect for a big blade, it was heart breaking watching the guys ride away from me, I would reel them in on the hills just to lose them on the flats and downhills.

All in all I think it's a great event with a fantastic and scenic route.

I hope this race grows from strength to strength, this could become a big one on the MTB calendar.

It's a great challenge for those who want to race as well as those looking to accomplish a long tough distance.

Re: Some medals or any little token would have been nice.

Very well done to all who rode and finished this, it's not a walk in the park :thumbup: :thumbup:

A good day's training.

Sani Partner and I did a 5h26, so we are quite happy with our prep.

He had a slow start, and by km 80, I was glad he had taken a while to get going.

Like many others I guess, I was expecting it to be a good deal easier than it was. I even told my wife to start looking out for me from 4h45.

I hung arround for most of the day and saw most of the finishers come in, some pretty broken people. And one quite chilled looking 50+ guy with fellies. Respect

What a nice race.

I will say that it was sold a bit wrong, chatting to Jeremy Thomson most of the way we came to the conclusion that most of the riders who came to do the event as an "easy but long" ride would have suffered endlessly.

In any case, I really enjoyed the route and I think the organization was actually great.

I think the route has a good balance of everything, the single track in the beginning was rather enjoyable but a shock to the system on cold legs :blink:

It took my legs at least 30 k's to get going and once I got my legs back I also then realized that the route was not single speed friendly at all, no route is, but this is either hard grinding or fast downhills.

With the climb up to Snowtop I thought I was going to die but still felt very comfortable after that.

I was lying around 4th. at that stage thinking that I could open the taps more as I had quite a bit in reserve.

From the second last water table it all fell apart, from there on the race is very fast and perfect for a big blade, it was heart breaking watching the guys ride away from me, I would reel them in on the hills just to lose them on the flats and downhills.

I hope this race grows from strength to strength, this could become a big one on the MTB calendar.

It's a great challenge for those who want to race as well as those looking to accomplish a long tough distance.

Very well done to all who rode and finished this, it's not a walk in the park :thumbup: :thumbup:

My boss rode it(orange Tallboy), and he reckons it was very tough. He lost his rear brake 5km into the race, so battled, but he got a good time, 4h30 or so. He also said it would have been hard for the guys thinking it was going to be an easy 100km ride. Well done on your time :thumbup:

Are the results up online yet?

Edited by Caerus

My boss rode it(orange Tallboy), and he reckons it was very tough. He lost his rear brake 5km into the race, so battled, but he got a good time, 4h30 or so. He also said it would have been hard for the guys thinking it was going to be an easy 100km ride. Well done on your time :thumbup:

Are the results up online yet?

I saw him out there, I rode with him a little, very strong guy ,besides his brake, he still had a good race.

dude - you must have legs like steel - cos the thought of climbing that on your cog selection would scare the living **** out of me

i agree this will be a big event going forward considering the proximity to joberg2c and sani2c. Water tables were sufficient and nice enough vibe as you came in

My only gripe was the tjops who drove their cars on the route despite being asked not to!

Edited by Stretch

I saw him out there, I rode with him a little, very strong guy ,besides his brake, he still had a good race.

Yeah, he had a good one, thats what being a Springbok waterpolo player does for your legs. I normally train with him, but he reminds me of the duracell bunny, he just keeps going.

What a nice race.

So Dangle, what ratios would you select now, with the luxury of hindsight? Or would you just go 3 x 10 like us mere mortals? Respect dude!