The Notties-Himeville 100

Devlin Fogg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taps: What time do you think the winners and mid pack average riders will do?

Can't say. We always took it slow and being in our mid-fifties needed to stop every now and then to admire the view so took about 5hours 45mins. If we'd gone a bit faster and not stopped to admire the view I reckon we would've done about 5 hours (we did just under 4 hours for day 1 at Sani2c, to give you an idea).

Thanks Taps.

How steep is moderately steep ?

I am pitching with my SS and just need to try and select a gear.

Will this help?

post-13006-0-13151200-1332960586.jpg

post-13006-0-74146600-1332960601.jpg

Will this help?

Thanks, I saw that on their site, but the info is quite useless, they mention a 29.7 % gradient at one point :eek:

Taps makes it sound a bit easier.

I really don't mind how tough they make any race, I juts need to make the right gear selection.

@Nathrix, I thought you were out.

Just need to work out logistics. Are you having to drive down just for the race or will you also be sampling some of KZN's finest trails in the area?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Two of us have entered the Notties 100km. We are struggling to find a lift from Himeville back to the start in Nottingham road. Does anyone have space for just one rider or alternatively two riders and two bikes please? Any info would be appreciated. I have contacted the race organisers, roag and Himeville tourism - no transport available. If you may be able to help - please email me on minettemccabe@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Minette

Still not much route info, I have picked what I would consider a lighter gear.

I had all plans of where I wanted to finish, but guess I will go for a good day.

See you all there.

I have a .gpx file of the route if anyone is interested. pm me a email address and i will forward it to you.

Thanks, I saw that on their site, but the info is quite useless, they mention a 29.7 % gradient at one point :eek:

Taps makes it sound a bit easier.

I really don't mind how tough they make any race, I juts need to make the right gear selection.

@Nathrix, I thought you were out.

Dude.

There is one moereva uphill, but nothing worse than Spioenkop - just longer.

There is also a lot of flat (ish - for KZN) gravel road, so too high and you are going to be spinning like Don Quixote's windmills.

The ooooober long downhill - well just pump n' spin.

Really bumed to be missing this! Too many aways this month. :unsure:

Dude.

There is one moereva uphill, but nothing worse than Spioenkop - just longer.

There is also a lot of flat (ish - for KZN) gravel road, so too high and you are going to be spinning like Don Quixote's windmills.

The ooooober long downhill - well just pump n' spin.

Really bumed to be missing this! Too many aways this month. :unsure:

Thanks for the input, going with a 34/18 combo.

"Hijack on"

Good luck to all entrants.

If you are staying over in Underberg or Himeville, please come and ride the single tracks at Sani Spoors. Currently about 45km of riverbank and forest trails. Awesome riding. 2.5 km on Drak Gardens road.

"Hijack off"