Cape Epic Prologue - Meerendal

scuzzy

The tv footage was so exciting,that my wife and I are considering changing our limited dstv package today in order to watch the full race.What time each night are they showing the race?

This is the first time I have actually followed the epic and I was really impressed at the track

yesterday,though the tv angle did not give a good perseption of the difficulty,the hubbers pictures did!thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I hear Owen Hannie comment one more time regarding David George's lack of mtb skills I am ging to fly down on Velvet Sky and kick him in the nuts. I am no fan of George but he has been doing this for some years now and has better skills than 99,9% out there.

The tv footage was so exciting,that my wife and I are considering changing our limited dstv package today in order to watch the full race.What time each night are they showing the race?

This is the first time I have actually followed the epic and I was really impressed at the track

yesterday,though the tv angle did not give a good perseption of the difficulty,the hubbers pictures did!thanks

Here is the Superspor scedule

http://www.cape-epic...2_TV_Schedules/

Edited by wolf182

This year is going to be a cracker!! Kev and Dave have come out to play and they look on top form. Only losing 13 seconds to Burry and Susi on a stage that favoured the XCO type rider is impressive. You could see they were giving it everything and they were quick. I have to say though that Burry and Susi made it look effortless. Looked like they were on a flat road going up that last climb.

Burry and Sauser are on another level, baring a mechanical or worse they will win the event in dominant fashion.

One of the Bulls riders struggling with Deep Vein Trombosis.

I think it's Karl Platt with the black compression sock.

He admits that he can feel his left leg does not feel the same anymore.

One of the Bulls riders struggling with Deep Vein Trombosis.

I think it's Karl Platt with the black compression sock.

He admits that he can feel his left leg does not feel the same anymore.

Sahm struggling with his leg.

We are blessed to have a club that negotiated access to the land and maintains our trails for us. There are probably 50 odd more kms of trails that was not covered by the prologue. I'll be swinging by Nitida and Hillcrest on Tuesday and Wednesday for a morning commute from Table View to my office near Tyger Valley and Thursday evening we should have the club night rider at Meerendal.

With the very dry conditions of late the trails seemed to have held up nicely. I hope that the club will be quick to check the trails for wear and tear to fix up any potential wash-outs and ruts forming.

We've been having considerable difficulty maintaining the trails without rain - the clay forms a hard crust and when the crust breaks (as happened above stairway to heaven) it turns into poof dust. Good news is that considerable rain has been forecast for Thursday.

Steepest?

probably the red route climb on hillcrest which wasn't a spectator hot spot. Thankfully they rode down the green corridor hill (between hillcrest and contermans) which is about 25% gradient too.

Edited by mtbmom

Too bad viewing only on the SuperSport monopoly - if only they would do a pay-per-view, have absolutely no interest in anything else they broadcast.