Papachinos Silver lakes

rsa

I frequent a lot of venues after rides. The attitude that I experienced from this restaurant today was the worst that I have ever experienced.

I saw that there was a lot of children around the venue. To protect both the children around and my 30 k bike I opted to park my bike right next to my table right at the edge of the restaurant's outside patio. A waiter came up to me and basically ordered me to remove my bike. I explained my take on the situation to him, he just stared me down . at that point I wanted to leave but my better half insisted that we stay. I then moved my bike to where they wanted it about 20 meters away from the table. in the 40 minutes we stayed two kids almost toppled my bike over on them.with no adults supervision in site.

I mentioned this to the manager on my way out , His attitude was shocking. he took an agressive stance with me.saying that he wont stand for me swearing at him. I didnt.! The conversation ended with me walking off after I told him I will never be back., his reply was fine..

They wont see me ever again. Cyclists beware

I frequent a lot of venues after rides. The attitude that I experienced from this restaurant today was the worst that I have ever experienced.

I saw that there was a lot of children around the venue. To protect both the children around and my 30 k bike I opted to park my bike right next to my table right at the edge of the restaurant's outside patio. A waiter came up to me and basically ordered me to remove my bike. I explained my take on the situation to him, he just stared me down . at that point I wanted to leave but my better half insisted that we stay. I then moved my bike to where they wanted it about 20 meters away from the table. in the 40 minutes we stayed two kids almost toppled my bike over on them.with no adults supervision in site.

I mentioned this to the manager on my way out , His attitude was shocking. he took an agressive stance with me.saying that he wont stand for me swearing at him. I didnt.! The conversation ended with me walking off after I told him I will never be back., his reply was fine..

They wont see me ever again. Cyclists beware

1. Was it a 29er, because maybe the kids thought you looked like a clown arriving a clown bike?

2. If it is a singlespeed, then you should like be all chilled and like bro - relax duuuude.....kids are our future...

3. If your a roadie, then your a **** and we cannot blame the restaurant for giving you kuk.

4. What did you expect from silverlakes, the attitudes in that part of the world is shocking... dont complain, if you mix yourself with those people then you deserve their kuk.

5. This is your first post, you tell us "cyclists" to be aware, did you just start cycling, seriously, you come to register at thehub and make this your first post.

6. Don't stress to much about this, if you dont like the place or the service dont go there... how, much did you spend, did you drop a grand or two? do you think your R200 bill is worth them having to handle your freaking out and acting like a retard on their property, admission is reserved. it's not your right to be there.

7. All my bikes cost more than R30k, and i have about 5, one of these cost about R55k... what does that have to do with your rant???

Just relax dude, I bet you were in a KUK mood before you even got there, and you were just waiting for a fight...

:thumbdown: "real silverlakes/pta/"boertjie" attitude you have...

1. Was it a 29er, because maybe the kids thought you looked like a clown arriving a clown bike?

2. If it is a singlespeed, then you should like be all chilled and like bro - relax duuuude.....kids are our future...

3. If your a roadie, then your a **** and we cannot blame the restaurant for giving you kuk.

4. What did you expect from silverlakes, the attitudes in that part of the world is shocking... dont complain, if you mix yourself with those people then you deserve their kuk.

5. This is your first post, you tell us "cyclists" to be aware, did you just start cycling, seriously, you come to register at thehub and make this your first post.

6. Don't stress to much about this, if you dont like the place or the service dont go there... how, much did you spend, did you drop a grand or two? do you think your R200 bill is worth them having to handle your freaking out and acting like a retard on their property, admission is reserved. it's not your right to be there.

7. All my bikes cost more than R30k, and i have about 5, one of these cost about R55k... what does that have to do with your rant???

Just relax dude, I bet you were in a KUK mood before you even got there, and you were just waiting for a fight...

Actually im on 1 27.5 inch :-)

2 I like stuff to break so i stick to gears

3. some of my best enemies are roadies dont take all the fun I have hating them away from me by categorizing them

4 I dont live there I just ride there cause the grass is green

5 it may be my first post but I have been lurking in the corner for years like that weird uncle at weddings you warn your daughter about

6 ive probably spent 6k there over the last year the food is actually very good , as a point there is no right of admission sign up , I checked

7 my point is that i dont want a lil snot nose kid to damage my bike because i worked hard to afford it and I dont want said snot nose to be impailed on my handlebar either. , I am glad that you own 5 bikes where do I queue for a handout ?

I was actually in a brilliant mood up to the point that they spoilt it for me

NIce that you decide to judge / categorize me bud. My point with te post was just to inform , you can choose to support whomever you like

but to each his own

PS in neither a boertjie nor do I live in pta so stereotype if you like

Edited by rsa

I think the OP needs a hug! I can't brag about figures like 30k but if you are so an*l on your first post, shame! Maybe the price tag is still on it?

The kids were stunned by the sheer brightness of the 650 bees.

The OP is protective of his 650 babies

The manager was upset about the 'dirty biker' who messed up the 'atmosphere' for the Sunday afternoon larnies that pays his bills

Not a match made in heaven it seems!

I think the OP needs a hug! I can't brag about figures like 30k but if you are so an*l on your first post, shame! Maybe the price tag is still on it?

mmmm thx for the warm welcome Smolster

You are obiously missing the point , PS I just went to the garage and took the price off , just to make you happy . but seriously what difference does it make if I just started cycling or not ?

I am not trying to be an a$$. personally I would like to be informed if a venue isnt friendly. but obiously I was wrong, for that I appologize

I don't think this has anything to do with a bike (whatever it's cost), or being a cyclist.

The 3 things that stand out for me are:

The manager refused to try and accommodate the customer.

The manager was rude to the customer.

The manager has a poor attitude wrt repeat business.

Loser in my books, if that was my restaurant, he would be sacked.

mmmm thx for the warm welcome Smolster

You are obiously missing the point , PS I just went to the garage and took the price off , just to make you happy . but seriously what difference does it make if I just started cycling or not ?

I am not trying to be an a$$. personally I would like to be informed if a venue isnt friendly. but obiously I was wrong, for that I appologize

This place is full of trolls rsa, just ignore them.

I frequent the one in midrand and have never had any issues although the wife is not so keen on their food. It is the only place i can go to with my 2 year old without having to put myself through eating at Spur.

This place is full of trolls rsa, just ignore them.

Ja- like people who, on their first post:

1. Drop the price tag of their Bike?

2. Pshhh&Moan about service

In the second post:

1. He states

I frequent the one in midrand and have never had any issues although the wife is not so keen on their food. It is the only place i can go to with my 2 year old without having to put myself through eating at Spur.

I know the feeling, the one in Fourways is also great for kids. I am sure anyone can see they are more family/kids orientated as opposed to "Cyclist" focussed.

I think the OP had an attitude with the waiter, and the manager, prob swore at them.... and now he's all hurt.. so much so he goes through the registration process on thehub to make his first ever post...

In the second post:

1. He states

I know the feeling, the one in Fourways is also great for kids. I am sure anyone can see they are more family/kids orientated as opposed to "Cyclist" focussed.

I think the OP had an attitude with the waiter, and the manager, prob swore at them.... and now he's all hurt.. so much so he goes through the registration process on thehub to make his first ever post...

And so the hub family grows :clap:

At least he was treated to the standard 'on-boarding process' :oops:

But now what have you actually brought to this thread ?

Point number 2 is a childish and **** stupid stereotype.

To the OP, you were lucky to get a table, we never get one in Midrand without a booking.

I would actually go back to the manager and if you are to frequent the place suggest they make it cycle friendly.

Papachinos is extremely customer focussed.

Edited by HairySack

In the second post:

1. He states

I have been registered for a while. I am ussually a very mild mannered and friendly person. I dont swear

The point with mentioning a price point was to illustrate value not to brag. if i wanted to brag i would have mentioned inches :-)

Trolls are acceptable they keep forums alive ;-)

Managers are there to set an example to staff and solve problems, doesn't sound like he did either. If they don't want cyclists or bicycles in their restaurant then they should rather say so, instead of taking their money and giving attitude in return. Whatever happened to accommodating your customers? Instead we have to beg people for decent service these days.

But now what have you actually brought to this thread ?

Point number 2 is a childish and **** stupid stereotype.

To the OP, you were lucky to get a table, we never get one in Midrand without a booking.

I would actually go back to the manager and if you are to frequent the place suggest they make it cycle friendly.

Papachinos is extremely customer focussed.

Gotcha!! maybe I was just going to "dangle" some bait, waiting for you to pitch up and take it...

Some people are so highly strung... I was just having a go at the OP, all in good spirit, i took a couple of wide swings with all the points to see which sticks...

Let me tell you it's not all that easy for people with small kids to get out the house, papa's is one of the cool places for parents to chill out, if the OP didn't like it then he should go somewhere else, if he has been there SO many times he should know that... maybe you should go for a bite, looks like you need some relaxing time? Dont mean to mess with your mojo or voodoo....

bike friendly restaurants all have racks close by, if there is none, then chances are they dont cater for cyclist... you cant expect every oke to balance his bike by his tableside, thats just unreasonable, what's next, does he want a bikewash to replace the kiddies castle?

Edited by TheV