Lance's goals for 2008 . . .

cyclenut

an extract from Chris Carmichael's latest communication:

(the underlying point is that if you are going to set goals - make them specific.)

Lance Armstrong's Athletic Goals for 2008

I'll give you some examples of effective goals, straight from Lance Armstrong. He emailed his list about a week ago, and though he says he has three goals for 2008, I told him only two of them count so far:

1. Run the Boston Marathon in 2:45:00 on April 21, 2008.

2. Run the New York City Marathon in 2:30:00 on November 2, 2008.

3. Complete an ultra-endurance cycling event.

Obviously, it's the third one that doesn't count yet because he hasn't decided on a specific event. I'll let you know when Lance decides exactly what he wants to do. In the meantime, I'm putting together a plan to get him prepared for Boston. Because of the way Lance responds to training, and the complexities of his travel schedule, I've proposed a training camp in March. We both know that taking him out of his everyday schedule for a couple of days is the only way to really focus his attention on the details necessary for him to run a 2:45 marathon in Boston. I also want to hook him up with one of the other top athletes CTS works with; someone who can push him on his training runs. Fortunately, his conditioning is very good right now, and with two NYC Marathons in his legs, he's ready to handle a more intensive running training program.

Now you know what we're up to in 2008. What are you going to commit to?

Makes you sick huh??

These okes who think they can and then probably will run 2:45's and 2:30, sommer just like that....

LANCE ARMSTRONG  the greatest Tour De Frans racer ever.. tee he he

For those of you that don't run' date=' 2:30 and 2:45 marathons is flipping fast. [/quote']

I think the record is something like 2h04min so that is fast.

an extract from Chris Carmichael's latest communication:

(the underlying point is that if you are going to set goals - make them specific.)

Lance Armstrong's Athletic Goals for 2008

I'll give you some examples of effective goals, straight from Lance Armstrong. He emailed his list about a week ago, and though he says he has three goals for 2008, I told him only two of them count so far:

1. Run the Boston Marathon in 2:45:00 on April 21, 2008.

2. Run the New York City Marathon in 2:30:00 on November 2, 2008.

3. Complete an ultra-endurance cycling event.

Obviously, it's the third one that doesn't count yet because he hasn't decided on a specific event. I'll let you know when Lance decides exactly what he wants to do. In the meantime, I'm putting together a plan to get him prepared for Boston. Because of the way Lance responds to training, and the complexities of his travel schedule, I've proposed a training camp in March. We both know that taking him out of his everyday schedule for a couple of days is the only way to really focus his attention on the details necessary for him to run a 2:45 marathon in Boston. I also want to hook him up with one of the other top athletes CTS works with; someone who can push him on his training runs. Fortunately, his conditioning is very good right now, and with two NYC Marathons in his legs, he's ready to handle a more intensive running training program.

Now you know what we're up to in 2008. What are you going to commit to?

[/quote']

Look @ number 3 - is Lance going to do the Tour de France again this year?ConfusedLOL

Imagine how much dope he can use now. He's not gonna win so he will never be tested. So his targets are doable.

Imagine how much dope he can use now. He's not gonna win so he will never be tested. So his targets are doable.

Not true, they don't only test winners. Lance was a triathlete of note long before he specialized in cycling.
scotty2008-01-04 03:18:56

If he is gonna do the Cape Epic I am gonna sling some dog doodoo at him.

And your reason would be Question

And your reason would be Question

I never slung dog doodoo before.  And he used one of the twins.

Sure dude... sure you will...