KZN DH "Introduction" Days - for DH newbies

nigelhicks

Great idea Nige. The only real issue would be potential liability issues should someone bin it properly and feel it was the organizers fault... So you may have to probably should consider an indemnity if you're planning to charge.

< :devil: GP HI-JACK :devil: > I know the GP folk are trying to build a "Village DH bicycle" for people to try out DH. I don't think it's complete yet and I have not heard of any events as yet. My suggestion for the Gauteng folk would be to ride the 139 track in PTA. Most of the obstacles can be rolled or avoided and it can be done on a 'normal' MTB.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah everyone would fill in an indemnity for sure! ... Not sure when we would do it ... i just need to see what the support would be like and when i could get some of the riders to come and help etc.

Great idea Nigel. I have a list of guys and girls wanting to give it a go and this opportunity will be perfect. We can help with bikes and kit if you need.

Great idea Nigel. I have a list of guys and girls wanting to give it a go and this opportunity will be perfect. We can help with bikes and kit if you need.

Lawrence i was going to chat to you about it this weekend actually. Ya i would want to use you guys as a backing for the day. ... i have the wheeler and then im sure you will have some spare bikes too. .... then just get Trav, Kelvin, and myself to take out groups of riders (dependant how many we have) and do "training" with them on ricos ... then once we've done about 2 or 3 hours of training we do shuttles.

No problem Nige. Im sure Trav and Kelvin will be only to happy tohelp. Just let us know what the intended date is then we can plan around it.

I have spare kit, helmets etc and will ask the team riders to make their bikes available for "guests" to use. We should have around ten bikes available for the day.

Hey guys in KZN,

you could either bring your trail bike OR borrow a DH bike and give DH a go whilst getting some added coaching from our local top riders.

Even for the people who have never sat on a bike in the bush?

I’m keen…I’ll need to borrow a bike but I’ll probably be able to organise one from a mate if she can’t come…but will try get her to come, i need someone to hold my hand when i get scared...probably *** myself :P

Def keen.

I’m keen…I’ll need to borrow a bike but I’ll probably be able to organise one from a mate if she can’t come…but will try get her to come, i need someone to hold my hand when i get scared...probably *** myself :P

Def keen.

Don't worry, they make protective clothing for that as well...

No problem Nige. Im sure Trav and Kelvin will be only to happy tohelp. Just let us know what the intended date is then we can plan around it.

I have spare kit, helmets etc and will ask the team riders to make their bikes available for "guests" to use. We should have around ten bikes available for the day.

Thats awesome, this just keeps getting better and better :clap: . Nice one chaps :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey Nige,

Seems like I created a bit of work for you here :blush: I have a double cab bakkie that I can help with shuttles on the day if I am available. Thanks for your efforts. If this does come off, I am sure it will be an awesome day!

Def keen.

Bron ... i would suggest that, if you are a TOTAL newbie to MTB in general that before you come to this DH day you first go to a proper training clinic with Amy-Jane Mundy at Giba Gorge. Amy's clinics cater for the new riders to MTB and train you on general riding skills in the bush. I would think that this would be better for you in the beginning.I suggest that you get hold of Jason @ giba gorge and find out when Amys next clinic is.

I say rather do this as, the DH day is not a true riders "clinic" as such but a day to introduce current riders (who are ok technically) to the sport of DH and to help them by fine tuning their skills. So we wouldnt do the basics. We would cover body positioning on a DH bike, braking, cornering, dropoffs, rocks etc.

Im just concerned that it may be just a little out of your league at the moment, and think that Amy's course may be better suited to your needs.

Okie dokes, thanks. :)

My mate said she will take me up one day and show me the basics etc, so will see if i enjoy it and go from there...

Thanks.

I would be keen, but busy with studying until June so if you have another one later in the year count me in for sure!

Bron ... i would suggest that, if you are a TOTAL newbie to MTB in general that before you come to this DH day you first go to a proper training clinic with Amy-Jane Mundy at Giba Gorge. Amy's clinics cater for the new riders to MTB and train you on general riding skills in the bush. I would think that this would be better for you in the beginning.I suggest that you get hold of Jason @ giba gorge and find out when Amys next clinic is.

I say rather do this as, the DH day is not a true riders "clinic" as such but a day to introduce current riders (who are ok technically) to the sport of DH and to help them by fine tuning their skills. So we wouldnt do the basics. We would cover body positioning on a DH bike, braking, cornering, dropoffs, rocks etc.

Im just concerned that it may be just a little out of your league at the moment, and think that Amy's course may be better suited to your needs.

Half the guys won't come now :rolleyes:

Half the guys won't come now :rolleyes:

Not a bad thing... Besides, I get to change enough nappies at home...

Less people equals more runs for us :thumbup: