weight weeny!

Louis for real

I understand your question.... i have issues with some of the reply's... :blink: it's just the general SA mentality... we are so jealous and judgmental...

Be honest, you didn't even have to guess... you knew EXACTLY the type of responses you were going to get to your post....

Why only in SA?

And some of childish tryingtoabarnywithyoutoprovemypointandnottryingtoseethelogic

responses are just what i had imagened...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why only in SA?

And some of childish tryingtoabarnywithyoutoprovemypointandnottryingtoseethelogic

responses are just what i had imagened...

In the interest of full disclosure, I just bought my S-Works 2012 StumpJumper 29er - it costs about R85k, it even has carbon rims... Guess what, I'm not even happy with the way it comes, I'm going to replace the Seatpost, maybe even the grips...

So bite me!? and mind your own business.

In the interest of full disclosure, I just bought my S-Works 2012 StumpJumper 29er - it costs about R85k, it even has carbon rims... Guess what, I'm not even happy with the way it comes, I'm going to replace the Seatpost, maybe even the grips...

Are you looking for a new son to adopt? I clean after myself and am very handy around the house :whistling:

People are so selfish, common and stupid some times.... Just because someone else can afford a Spez S-Works and you cant doesn't make it wrong for them to buy it?

Who do you think YOU are to judge and decide what other people should do with their cash?

You are the type's who complain about the country, and government, and crime, and julias, and and and...

But then the first opportunity you get you want to carry on like a wet panty and complain that someone else has bought a bike that YOU cant afford?

The fact is, they obviously CAN afford it. They CAN do whatever they want with their money, and they have DECIDED to buy an expensive bike.

It's none of your business... you are just jealous, and most likely wish you could have a bike like that, otherwise you would not even have said anything...

Judgmental fools..... why dont we just institute a Communist state and issue every person with a 26"/HT and BURN all the S-Works because they are EVIL and Satan's bait.

What makes you think I cant afford a spesh or any of the other posters on this thread?

THANK YOU that was the kind of response i was looking for! :D

I agree ,whatever bike you have you just have to enjoy riding it ,that is what the bike is about.

Great bike, you will enjoy many happy miles. Love mine, but only after I specced it exactly the way I wanted it. Now I can't wait for the arrival of my S-Works Epic 29er.

People are so selfish, common and stupid some times.... Just because someone else can afford a Spez S-Works and you cant doesn't make it wrong for them to buy it?

Who do you think YOU are to judge and decide what other people should do with their cash?

You are the type's who complain about the country, and government, and crime, and julias, and and and...

But then the first opportunity you get you want to carry on like a wet panty and complain that someone else has bought a bike that YOU cant afford?

The fact is, they obviously CAN afford it. They CAN do whatever they want with their money, and they have DECIDED to buy an expensive bike.

It's none of your business... you are just jealous, and most likely wish you could have a bike like that, otherwise you would not even have said anything...

Judgmental fools..... why dont we just institute a Communist state and issue every person with a 26"/HT and BURN all the S-Works because they are EVIL and Satan's bait.

I'm guessing your Spesh came with a "how to be haughty when on and off the bike" DVD?

Here are some errors/ironies in your stereotypes:

- loads of people can afford R80K but choose not to buy them.

- you are judging the people you accuse of judging you.

- not all of us are fools.

- just because you think a Spesh is like the best bike ever - doesn't make it true.

You're not really making anyone's perception of Spesh owners any better are you?

I'm guessing your Spesh came with a "how to be haughty when on and off the bike" DVD?

Here are some errors/ironies in your stereotypes:

- loads of people can afford R80K but choose not to buy them.

- you are judging the people you accuse of judging you.

- not all of us are fools.

- just because you think a Spesh is like the best bike ever - doesn't make it true.

You're not really making anyone's perception of Spesh owners any better are you?

At least I don't drive a BMW.

@baggyspandex

Dude... I have not had the time to read this touchy subject however I have had a similar conversation with another group of friends...

Racing is racing and cycling for fun is just that... the format of races allows for both groups to ride in the same groups...

For those that have made the decision to race... it is about getting the fastest time possible... and trust me the lighter your bike is the faster you will go uphill... not to mention accelerate... yes you will spend a load of money and time figuring out what suits you best... because you can!!

For thoes of you who choose to ride for fun... sweeeeeet it is fun... just enjoy...

I just did the Boxlee Golavane race on sunday... raced it... it was awesome... cramped at halfway... finished slowly... now if i was just riding for fun... i would have never cramped because i would have had time to drink and not pushed as hard... but I put myself out there... took the risk... failed!( :w00t: this is what i looked like)... but at least I tried to do the best i could... and not i am motivated to train even harder and smarter... I have learned valuable lessons like :

• take the time to hydrate
  • take the time to hydrate
  • and a real good one... take the time to hydrate

250ml in 40km of racing is not smart!!

racing is about optimising every facet of your training, nutrition, skills... and if you only ride for fun... you would not see the point... and you would be a lot richer!!

but... not as obsessed :clap:

Why all the fighting? Its a 4 day weekend coming up, lots of riding time. Doesn't matter how much your bike weighs or costs, the most important thing is to ride it and have fun or get the satisfaction of a good training ride or race. I broke my dh bike on sunday so its ss ht for me this weekend but it'll still be a blast!

mmmm says who? Alot of fun experts on thehub...worry about your own "fun" and less about other people's.

@TheV is right, let your legs do the talking cause right now you are being perceived as jealous

says ME, i have both, so it is easy to compare the two, duh

and what about bodyweight. some guys try and save 80grams here, and 20 grams there by fitting carbon seatposts and handlebars, but meanwhile back at the ranch they are 10kilo's over their ideal body weight - would it not make more sense to drink less beer and cut down on 10kilos than worry about a few grams on your bike?

Edited by sadamhussein

When things get hot and stressfull in my work environment, I quickly visit this site so that knowledgeable hubbers can remind me of the reason for being able to invest into the S-Works branding. I just love the generalization that everyone on an expensive bike is over weight and can't ride the damn thing, despite being clad in Assos from head to toe, and the one about guys in BMWs and apparantly Specialized bikes being outlaws with no respect for the Road Traffic Act by blantantly refusing to indicate the direction that they are going to turn. So now I get it, if you ride a Raleigh and buy your apparel from Mr. Price you fall in the category of cyclists that obey road rules and know how to ride a bike, but if you choose to get a more expensive bike and kit you are rubbish and up to no good. I have heard it all, guys!

im over it...

what this thread has learnt me is that most people on the hub are speed racers.

and that assumptions get made that you are trying to convert any and all to buying a heavy bike ...

can someone please stick a fork innit?

At least I don't drive a BMW.

Why? You think the 29er is compensation enough?