Tokai - Snake Eyes rebuild

How very short-sighted pf those guys and gals to ride a trail that's under construction. Do you guys think having proper signs made will work better?

whiff of a slight possibility they'd be more effective than the logs, of some heft, laying across the trail at various intervals. Nothing can stop a turd bent on stinking up the place <_<

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How very short-sighted pf those guys and gals to ride a trail that's under construction. Do you guys think having proper signs made will work better?

Maybe, but I think better results could be achieved with patience and a paintball marker...

On a serious note, I'll be keen to join the next build day when it happens. Have wheelbarrow, shovels and a car with a fridge.

I'm sure they would, but at the same time, no amount of signage will stop an idiot from just doing there own thing.

I'm sure they would, but at the same time, no amount of signage will stop an idiot from just doing there own thing.

Unfortunately so...

We did realize that some idjits would still try to ride, which is why we put logs all over the place. But having them ride the trail AND be a back brake cowboy? Now that hurt...

Signs would serve to notify but as others have said, it takes sense to understand what it means. Look at the illegal trails, how many times have we closed those no-riding signposted trails??

Actually, signs make for great toys among a troop of baboons... there is no winning!

Update: The repairs have been done, two days of sunshine and.. patience people.

From Friday:

An alternative use for a bike rack - trailbuilder style! Guys with wheelbarrows are always welcome.

post-17716-0-54227500-1333893257.jpg

The most useful tool for building - it's called a McCloud - if you ever find one of these, buy it and bring it along next time. We'll give you a beer!

post-17716-0-78946900-1333893345.jpg

How cool! :drool:

Maybe, but I think better results could be achieved with patience and a paintball marker...

On a serious note, I'll be keen to join the next build day when it happens. Have wheelbarrow, shovels and a car with a fridge.

I see the link between your car and the comment, sipping a beer while waiting with frozen paintballs?

Subscribe to this thread Droo, you'll get an email notifying you of the next build.. it links you to the thread with details.

:thumbup:

Just found this thread... road past you guys hard at work on Friday while riding with "MirageF1". Haven't riden Snake Eyes in a long time just because of it bad condition. All the time you guys are putting in is much appreciated.

We keen to help out on the trail builds sometime!

Thanks. All help is appreciated.. even a nod of approval goes a long way.

Happy to say you will be riding this piece of the trail again soon (will be open for the weekend, rain dependant :wacko: ) might still take some time for certain areas to bed in but fortunately these areas are not prone to damage.. will just be a bit slow until the ground has firmed.

Subscribe to the thread listed above and stay in the know..

Later :thumbup:

How do Mirage and Alouette manage to ride together? Who waits for who? One can hover to wait, but he's slow, so hardly ever have to wait. The other is fast but stalls if he goes to slowly and have to go in circles to wait. Interesting dynamic.

"How do Mirage and Alouette manage to ride

together? Who waits for who? One can hover

to wait, but he's slow, so hardly ever have to

wait. The other is fast but stalls if he goes to

slowly and have to go in circles to wait.

Interesting dynamic."

The mirage pilot will always rely on the Alouette pilot to come pluck him out the bushes after getting to cocky. True story! Has happened once or twice in the Tokia Bushes.

"How do Mirage and Alouette manage to ride

together? Who waits for who? One can hover

to wait, but he's slow, so hardly ever have to

wait. The other is fast but stalls if he goes to

slowly and have to go in circles to wait.

Interesting dynamic."

The mirage pilot will always rely on the Alouette pilot to come pluck him out the bushes after getting to cocky. True story! Has happened once or twice in the Tokia Bushes.

The Tokai pilots seem to have it all worked out.. remember DJR, the rabbit and tortoise also made a very good partnership.

Liking your 'ride on the seat of your pants' style MirageF1, your team will fit in with any build just fine..

;)

........ remember DJR, the rabbit and tortoise also made a very good partnership..........

;)

Yeah, I know all too well, being a tortoise myself.

And I'll use the opportunity to thank all my riding buddies for waiting for me, and for picking me up out of the bushes with broken limbs every so often!