sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

Wonderful news, my partners also just pulled out due to work commitments! So I am getting some random person organized for me!! Bollocks :cursing:

I can get you in contact with some nice people if you are keen? Chatted to some very nice people yesterday who are very keen to ride.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get you in contact with some nice people if you are keen? Chatted to some very nice people yesterday who are very keen to ride.

Hey Ratty, thanks for the offer. But I am riding for Supergroup and they are organizing a partner for me, so will have to see what they come up with!!

Wonderful news, my partners also just pulled out due to work commitments! So I am getting some random person organized for me!! Bollocks :cursing:

Hi Richard,

I was offered a spot today for the Adventure - I think I am your new partner (You riding with the Super Group guys right?). Will give you a shout First thin in the morning.

SANI SPOORS and CSA MEMBERSHIP

With the Sani2c events just around the corner the organisers would like to relieve some of the pressure on the actual event days by not having to arrange the CSA day licenses. To help with this Sani2c has arranged a great opportunity with local Underberg MTB club, Sani Spoors, and CSA to provide a packaged offer which will entitle all participants who require CSA licensing for the event to both the annual CSA License and annual membership with Sani Spoors, which means you are able to use their facilities and tracks while in the Underberg during the remainder of your membership.

The different costs for this combined membership are as follows:

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Central Gauteng provincial license – R325

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Kwazulu Natal provincial license – R285

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Gauteng North provincial license – R275

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license (All other provinces of residence do not require provincial licenses) – R250

If you would like to register for this opportunity and take the hassle out of on-the-day registrations, as well as contribute to the upkeep of the surrounding facilities then click here to register or vist the sani2c website for more info.

Kind regards

Farmer Glen

Glen Haw

Do you have to wash your own bike, or is it done for you like at the Epic?

Some of the bike shops on the race offers a wash and lube service, but I prefer to do this myself. Its a 10 minute job and with a bit of fun on the tennis courts you may even get away with not having to go for a shower after the bike wash :)

After reading some of the comments about tires, I am now worried. I have the standard racing ralphs evo folding tubeless ready that came with my Giant X0 29er. Am I gonna have problems?

:eek: No man!! Now you've also got me worried!! :cursing: Bought my wife the same bike a few weeks back. Wasn't aware the RR's come in a snakeskin version. Thought the Evo was the much praised tyre used at the Epic - wasn't aware of the snakeskin version. How wrong I am. I'll just have to make sure I've got the correct repair kit for a tyre wall tear ... and a tube!!

:eek: No man!! Now you've also got me worried!! :cursing: Bought my wife the same bike a few weeks back. Wasn't aware the RR's come in a snakeskin version. Thought the Evo was the much praised tyre used at the Epic - wasn't aware of the snakeskin version. How wrong I am. I'll just have to make sure I've got the correct repair kit for a tyre wall tear ... and a tube!!

mango if you running the normal evo RR's then I really suggest getting a tyre boot or two...parktool if you can. The sidewalls cuts are sometimes too long for a worm / plug to fix and a tube will start pop out as pressure goes up. On the positive side, those are serious light rubber

mango if you running the normal evo RR's then I really suggest getting a tyre boot or two...parktool if you can. The sidewalls cuts are sometimes too long for a worm / plug to fix and a tube will start pop out as pressure goes up. On the positive side, those are serious light rubber

Pack a couple of those Ryder sidewall plasters. if you cut those paper thin RR Evo sidewalls then a tube is not really going to help you.

SANI SPOORS and CSA MEMBERSHIP

With the Sani2c events just around the corner the organisers would like to relieve some of the pressure on the actual event days by not having to arrange the CSA day licenses. To help with this Sani2c has arranged a great opportunity with local Underberg MTB club, Sani Spoors, and CSA to provide a packaged offer which will entitle all participants who require CSA licensing for the event to both the annual CSA License and annual membership with Sani Spoors, which means you are able to use their facilities and tracks while in the Underberg during the remainder of your membership.

The different costs for this combined membership are as follows:

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Central Gauteng provincial license – R325

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Kwazulu Natal provincial license – R285

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Gauteng North provincial license – R275

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license (All other provinces of residence do not require provincial licenses) – R250

If you would like to register for this opportunity and take the hassle out of on-the-day registrations, as well as contribute to the upkeep of the surrounding facilities then click here to register or vist the sani2c website for more info.

Kind regards

Farmer Glen

Glen Haw

Or you can take up your PPA membership and thus not have to pay the CSA membership license fee.

I thought they had merged.

Get proper blerrie tyres !!!

Thats exactly what I decided to do, don't want to take this risk, shed this race is turning out to be expensive!

Thats exactly what I decided to do, don't want to take this risk, shed this race is turning out to be expensive!

This afternoon ill engage in some panic spending.

I remember the first few ones we did . Also went and bought all kinda stuff ..... Now we don't even go shopping before the event anymore ! If you haven't already got it , then you don't need it .