lego

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder no one could find the Chima set, it was actually Ninjago...Dufus :blush:Birthday boy will be super chuffed

bild-000122409_940Wx940H.jpg

Edit: will have to wait till mid December for build pictures

Edited by Ed-Zulu

Dont know if you guys are interested, takealot has the lego alarm clock figurines on special today. Bought one for my brothers kid for christmas! They are half price compared to what some shops ask.

No wonder no one could find the Chima set, it was actually Ninjago...Dufus :blush:Birthday boy will be super chuffed

I had a look at the  Chima at the Grove and nearly had a heart attack when I saw what they cost! You can just make out the price of the bottom two boxes R1099 and R1699! There were more expensive ones, but I was suffering from shock and just left...

post-51-0-29504600-1447057074_thumb.jpg

I had a look at the  Chima at the Grove and nearly had a heart attack when I saw what they cost! You can just make out the price of the bottom two boxes R1099 and R1699! There were more expensive ones, but I was suffering from shock and just left...

Crazy expensive! 

takealot has specials every so often, but it's a case of having to check in every day to cathch a good one

What frightens me about the cost is checking stuff online - like the Lego shop itself. The rand is so screwed that there's stuff I would balk at buying. But a lot of the stock on shop shelves has been since the rand went through its most recent drop, so the prices are still decent.   

Do Nanoblocks pass as Lego? :whistling:

Nikon launches Nanoblock set that lets you build a toy Nikon F SLR

http://petapixel.com/2015/10/22/nikon-launches-a-nanoblock-set-that-lets-you-build-a-toy-nikon-f-slr/

Nanoblocks are cool, super fiddly though, because the pieces really are tiny! My Girlfriend picked up 5 characters in China at the beginning of the year for the equivalent of R80. Saw the prices locally in Toy Kingdom a few months back and had this sudden cold feeling come over me...  :unsure:

bild-000122409_940Wx940H.jpg

Edit: will have to wait till mid December for build pictures

Got my little brother this for his birthday, (obviously I didn't qualify, I'm over 14, check the box). Very interesting build but watching him do it had me squirming inside. I had to tie myself up and tape my mouth shut to prevent myself from taking over  :ph34r:

Got my little brother this for his birthday, (obviously I didn't qualify, I'm over 14, check the box). Very interesting build but watching him do it had me squirming inside. I had to tie myself up and tape my mouth shut to prevent myself from taking over  :ph34r:

Building Lego with someone is a bit like what people have told me riding a tandem is like...it can make or break a friendship. Built a whole bunch of train stuff with the my son this weekend. Peeps get protective and bitchy about bricks.... :eek:  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...