• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff thanks Iron that works 100%

Its from my house so leave out the first 5km ,

Its from my house so leave out the first 5km ,

I used it to create a Course, works 100%

Erm, can't we come to your house for coffee 1st? & end there with a bike wash :whistling:

Hi All

Thanks to all those that came out to the park over the weekend. Grant and I had an awesome time chatting to the riders and getting a feel for what everyone wants.

As most would have experienced, Saturdays track was soft in certain areas, however after the rain on Saturday evening, Sunday's track was amazing.

Things to look put for in the not too distant future:

1. Bike Wash facility - it will be setup at the sports fields/parking area.
  2. Annual/Multi-Entry Passes - This will become availbale as soon as our office in the clubhouse is open.
  3. Weekday Entry - We are in discussions about how and when the park will be open from Monday to Friday. This will obviously be easily achieved once the multi-pass entries become available.

What we can promise is that the course is by no means complete, we have already planned and decided on various single track routes, within the course of the next two months, we will be at a stage where there shall be no oncoming traffic.

The problem with building tracks during summer is that as we build certain sections and move on, a week down the line those previousy cut tracks have grown over. This is why certain sections had a grassy surface. We will be cutting that grass and in certain places removing it completely.

We would also like to setup a "Design Your Own Course" on the trailflowsports.co.za website, whereby winners of the design course will get a prize and that course shall be built at the park. Keep an eye out for this feature on the website.

We got great feedback from two trail runners, who were the first to set foot on the trails. We look forward to hosting some running events, and definitely a duatholon or two during the course of the year.

The track will grow substantially, and will be altered on a regular basis. We are going to be working on a short kiddies track. This track will be easily accessible for moms and dads who are not riding, enabling them to keep an eye on the youngsters. It will in all likelyhood be situated at the very beginning of the main track, just inside of the security gate, and within walking distance for the folks.

We will be open on the upcoming public holidays, being Friday and Tuesday.

I look forward to seeing you all there

Ricky

Things to look put for in the not too distant future:

1. Bike Wash facility - it will be setup at the sports fields/parking area.
  2. Annual/Multi-Entry Passes - This will become availbale as soon as our office in the clubhouse is open.
  3. Weekday Entry - We are in discussions about how and when the park will be open from Monday to Friday. This will obviously be easily achieved once the multi-pass entries become available.

The track will grow substantially, and will be altered on a regular basis. We are going to be working on a short kiddies track. This track will be easily accessible for moms and dads who are not riding, enabling them to keep an eye on the youngsters. It will in all likelyhood be situated at the very beginning of the main track, just inside of the security gate, and within walking distance for the folks.

Ricky, thanks for the update, been good to read other's posts here.

Annual/Multi Pass :thumbup:

Consideration for a Mulit, a pass is not restricted to 1 person eg i own a pass, if i persuade a friend to join, he can enter on the same card and it's clipped/stamped twice).

Annual would last from date of purchase for a calendar year or pay pro-rata for months.

Not sure if the East Rand peoples ride at night of if they scared of the boogie man/men or tokoloshies, would you consider opening late 1 night where guys can ride til eg 8pm with lights etc?

Kiddies track is a winner where lil 1's ride in a safer environment & not have to compete with tons of adults yet still have great enjoyment being on their bikes :thumbup:

Thank you for enriching the sport of cycling :clap:

We arrived en mass on Sunday morning, 25 to start with 2 joining us shortly thereafter. Magic blue trail and not too confusing. Some good pulls and great design for such a new trail. Could do with a little more technical stuff which I am sure is coming in time.

Thanks guys and nice to have this on our doorstep in the East.

EdenGlen Cyclng Club.

Edited by Laulil

Hi guys. It is really great that someone has finally built a MTB track in the east rand. Have read all the awesome comments and can't wait to go and give it a try this weekend. If you guys are in need of volunteers to help with the up keep or the cutting of trail please PM me.

I would love to help when I can as this is in my back yard.

I used it to create a Course, works 100%

Erm, can't we come to your house for coffee 1st? & end there with a bike wash :whistling:

no prob , i like having coffee made for me and my bike washed while i chill :w00t:

So we got there for an afternoon ride at about 2pm.... park closed.... nice one guys!

what happened to the park will be open on Friday and Tuesday...???

So it is Saturday afternoon. The park is also closed. Does this place even exist or is it someones imagination?

Grumpy that it was not open. I was not the only person in that frame of mind. There were numerous people wishing to ride.

hi, at what level are the trails?.. want to take my wife along, she doesnt like to do technical stuff. so if its the like northernfarms or the braamies spruit then it should be fine.

hi, at what level are the trails?.. want to take my wife along, she doesnt like to do technical stuff. so if its the like northernfarms or the braamies spruit then it should be fine.

It's not technical - mostly singletrack and jeep track. Certainly nothing that will stop her ride. I think it's more likely to be open in the mornings.

It's not technical - mostly singletrack and jeep track. Certainly nothing that will stop her ride. I think it's more likely to be open in the mornings.

thanks..lets hope i dont go all the way there for it to be closed

Trails open this morning. Very much like Northern Farm, not technical but great fun riding all the way to the far end (by the two dams next to the Gautrain track just north of Marlboro station). Incredible to have such a big open space so near to city.