Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

I think I'm being the dumbass now - you lost me ....

Banshee...track screaming...jy-dink-jy-is-cooler-as-ekke...eye-of-the-tiger wannabees gets complimentary minipumps at bottlenecks from now on. I am busy negotiating a bulk order with CWC but wanna share shipping. Grappie julle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i am....and proud of it.

When there are 20/30 people waiting to flow into a piece of track in a race and you shout "track....TRAAAAAAAACK" like you are the only one able to pass this extremely tech section giving yourself a hard-on by your self proclaimed awesomeness in the processes....you will get a pomp....if I have already "given" my pomp to tubehunter, you will get choice words, but if I were you I wouldn't chance it.

Well I think you've answered yourself there as well. You are no different. Your self described scenario aside.

Your forum threats really don't worry me, but it is good to know who the testosterone junkies are out there. Passing and being passed.

By the by, I'm not a self proclaimed anything, if you actually read my posts. Keep your little pump and choice words, I really am not threatened. Do find your response interesting though, can't get past the bottle neck storyline which most who have posted agree, suck it up and wait.

Banshee...track screaming...jy-dink-jy-is-cooler-as-ekke...eye-of-the-tiger wannabees gets complimentary minipumps at bottlenecks from now on. I am busy negotiating a bulk order with CWC but wanna share shipping. Grappie julle

Haha - nice ! :clap:

Bottlenecks are brilliant. It gives everyone around me the opportunity to tell me how awesome I am, riding (walking) singlespeed. :-)

Bottlenecks are brilliant. It gives everyone around me the opportunity to tell me how awesome I am, riding (walking) singlespeed. :-)

Singlespeed ... you're awesome!

(How was that?)

Well I think you've answered yourself there as well. You are no different. Your self described scenario aside.

Your forum threats really don't worry me, but it is good to know who the testosterone junkies are out there. Passing and being passed.

By the by, I'm not a self proclaimed anything, if you actually read my posts. Keep your little pump and choice words, I really am not threatened. Do find your response interesting though, can't get past the bottle neck storyline which most who have posted agree, suck it up and wait.

I am glad I could entertain dassie...really couldn't care about your opinion on me, but if you want a free pump, you know what to do.

I am glad I could entertain dassie...really couldn't care about your opinion on me, but if you want a free pump, you know what to do.

Not an opinion on you, but the the mentality behind saying to break someone's collar bone with a pump in the wheel because of a bottleneck or passing.

It's like the oke bashing someone with a baseball bat because they cut them off in traffic. So it's gone past the point of who is wrong or right.

No worry about the pump, not normally in bottlenecks and as chilled as the next rider at them. As I said, really not threatened either, so feel free.

Not an opinion on you, but the the mentality behind saying to break someone's collar bone with a pump in the wheel because of a bottleneck or passing.

It's like the oke bashing someone with a baseball bat because they cut them off in traffic. So it's gone past the point of who is wrong or right.

No worry about the pump, not normally in bottlenecks and as chilled as the next rider at them. As I said, really not threatened either, so feel free.

Will do...just in case would you like red or blue?

(How was that?)

Hey, hey careful there buddy not to generalize all single speed riders :whistling:

When I used to ride races with enough riders to have the occasional bottleneck, I used them to practice my trail stand.

You guys should try it. Standing stationary take all the tension out of the traffic jam and focuses it squarely on your ability to not make fool of yourself by landing on yer arse. Guys would often just wave me through even though I wasn't really in much of a hurry.

Damn. Brotherhood of mtb indeed :rolleyes:

Eldron's univeral method of passing slower riders:

1) 99% of people hear me coming and tend to move over with no request from me at all.

2) As soon as I see them moving to one side I say "passing on your right/left".

3) I pass right/left and give a quick "thanks man" on the way past.

99% of the time they respond with a "no worries" and we both ride away feeling better about mankind.

The other 1% doesn't matter because there really is diddly squat you can do to make that 1% happier - they will be pissed off whatever you do. Ignore these people.

As for the dirt roadies versus "real" mountain bikers thing - how small is your willy that you have to create a special name for yourselves that excludes other people? We are sooo special woooo go us. 1.5" I reckon.

Might as well throw this in - earn your stripes! My first 94.7 mtb I started in the very last group and passed about 5,000,000 riders. Not once did I throw my toys or get pissed off - frustrated sure but hey - you gotta start somewhere. Now I train enough to start near the front and not have to deal with too much traffic. If roadie me can do it then pretty much anyone on thehub can too.

Hey, hey careful there buddy not to generalize all single speed riders :whistling:

Well stop walking on the line and causing bottlenecks.

(How was that?)

Great! You're exactly the sort of person I want to meet in a bottleneck.

C'mon, we are all awesome, aren't we?

How do you know if someone is riding a single speed?

They tell you.

Bwaaahahahahahaha.