OR AM I JUST BEING STUPID ???

J0KER

And atleast if I don't do as well as I'd expected,Ill know what to do differently next time ! But thanx guys ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also riding SSWC. I'm a consistent mid pack racer, so I'm there for the beer and atmosphere. What you must remember about SS racing is to expect the unexpected. One year, the winner was decided after a round of go-karting, your placement on the grid was dependent on your finishing time on the bike.

Also, lots of guys get into SS after lots of successful years racing in other categories. If you intend go for a podium, best you be super strong.

Are you old enough for the beer stops? You'll lose time on the detours ;)

Was just about to say.

For most the SSWC is a great opportunity to wear the kitchest, gaudiest costumes they can find and drink as much beer as possible and still try and ride. This will be my first time at the event but I suspect that if you arrive in branded lycra you may be in for a hard time.

Any creative ideas for oufits ??? :D

That ones is up to you. Retro, jean pant, flowerprint shirts, tartan, pants that you would normally only see on a golf course - it all works. A wig or a watermelon on your lid. The brightest socks you can find pulled up to your knees.

Off you go...

just believe in yourself and you can do anything!

...BWAHAHAHA! :w00t:

zoid...if you want to win SSWC then you don't understand SSWC...

They don't even measure beyond 3rd place.

The start is random (last year the riders were sent to the start and the organisers randomly mixed everyone's bikes up).

The emphasis is not on results - it's on mountain biking. And beer drinking. And an odd version of random ventures to see who gets to host SSWC2013.

My advice? Put together a gaudy and original outfit, go and have fun. There are 800 other races in the year that you can race.

Training specifically to do well at SSWC2012 is admirable and all but it's like getting into shape to play roulette. Silly really.

Hmm ... white shirt, blue hat?

On the other hand, maybe your first question was the right one.

That ones is up to you. Retro, jean pant, flowerprint shirts, tartan, pants that you would normally only see on a golf course - it all works. A wig or a watermelon on your lid. The brightest socks you can find pulled up to your knees.

Off you go...

Pink tutu.

smurf...blue spraypaint...red farther christmas hat....1 x adult nappy(could come in handy later) :eek:

Pink tutu.

Couldn't have said it better than that... Eldron.

edith: spelfoute

Edited by slick