Coffee machine

8 minutes ago, Flemish Lion said:

In Nederland kennen ze niets van koffie dus heb je zeker een kwaliteit machine nodig :)

Laat het smaken!

Precies. En ik ga niet in een koffiezaak 4 euro blijven betalen voor gebrande koffie uit een bean to cup machine. 😆

I would rather have good quality coffee at home and spend the coffee shop money on stroopwafels 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, W@nted said:

I love the second hand market here in NL... Picked up a Baratza sette 270 grinder and a monster of a Expobar brewtus iv machine this weekend. Happy days! How I have missed a proper cappuccino!

pics or it didn't happen...

happy brewing, love my Baratza Sette 270

14 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Precies. En ik ga niet in een koffiezaak 4 euro blijven betalen voor gebrande koffie uit een bean to cup machine. 😆

I would rather have good quality coffee at home and spend the coffee shop money on stroopwafels 

Agree, Lekker koffie thuis en het extra geld misschien wel uitgeven aan die gevulde koeken 😁 

I'm loving that as a treat tbh ...and I never had a sweet tooth back in SA 🙈

14 minutes ago, AntVanR said:

Agree, Lekker koffie thuis en het extra geld misschien wel uitgeven aan die gevulde koeken 😁 

I'm loving that as a treat tbh ...and I never had a sweet tooth back in SA 🙈

Haha exactly. Oh my. what the dutch get wrong with their coffee they correct with their pastries.  Stroopwafels and appelflappe are my Achilles heels here. 

1 minute ago, W@nted said:

Haha exactly. Oh my. what the dutch get wrong with their coffee they correct with their pastries.  Stroopwafels and appelflappe are my Achilles heels here. 

Ok, so coffee culture and cycling in the NL.... Y or not so much? In Cpt every 3rd corner has a Bootlegger or coffee shop. Here it seems its a stop at a local supermarket if you're lucky? I found a Spar out and about this last weekend. Had a coffee and a bobotie tosti 🤌🏼20240203_112403.jpg.c37b8d76239cb93d59925335ec411de6.jpg20240203_105640.jpg.5df16619ded8a241ea9212a533581119.jpg

3 minutes ago, AntVanR said:

Ok, so coffee culture and cycling in the NL.... Y or not so much? In Cpt every 3rd corner has a Bootlegger or coffee shop. Here it seems its a stop at a local supermarket if you're lucky? I found a Spar out and about this last weekend. Had a coffee and a bobotie tosti 🤌🏼20240203_112403.jpg.c37b8d76239cb93d59925335ec411de6.jpg20240203_105640.jpg.5df16619ded8a241ea9212a533581119.jpg

That looks tasty! The coffee culture is here, the problem is that due to the lack of baristas, most restaurants in the smaller towns use automatic bean to cup machines. I do believe in the bigger cities the quality is a bit better. Also, most dutch only drink black coffee. Milk is frowned upon in coffee (they even call it koffie verkeerd)😂

1 minute ago, W@nted said:

That looks tasty! The coffee culture is here, the problem is that due to the lack of baristas, most restaurants in the smaller towns use automatic bean to cup machines. I do believe in the bigger cities the quality is a bit better. Also, most dutch only drink black coffee. Milk is frowned upon in coffee (they even call it koffie verkeerd)😂

So my little roll in the arvie includes a stop at the local Jumbo centre for a bean 2 cup coffee at a small bakery (yes I know....the gevulde koeken 🥹) or out to Hoogwoud to the Garden Centre which has a sweet deli restaurant vibe, also B2C coffee 20240203_133704.jpg.3b7288303f0e8b8dd56b74d8dbcc21a2.jpg

On 2/6/2024 at 10:15 AM, AntVanR said:

I think you’re too far south 🙃 some very decent speciality spots further north 🙂

If I go any further north I'll be in Norway 🤣 I'm about 35kms from the Afsluitdijk near Hoorn 

2 hours ago, AntVanR said:

If I go any further north I'll be in Norway 🤣 I'm about 35kms from the Afsluitdijk near Hoorn 

Haha my mistake. I got confused😅

Het Koffielokaal seems your option