• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything left to 'squeeze' :whistling:

Well yes because I don't have a Mastercard... yet :ph34r:

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

Mhuwaaaawa

That doesn't look anything like me brah. Hehehe.

That doesn't look anything like me brah. Hehehe.

Doesnt have his kit on yet and thats patches btw.... :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

95 days for Peach and I

Sweet. This trip will change your life. Guaranteed.

Now all I need to do is convince all the crosscunties that the Epic ain't actually that epic and they should do an Alps trip if they want epic.

Wish me luck.

Now all I need to do is convince all the crosscunties that the Epic ain't actually that epic and they should do an Alps trip if they want epic.

Wish me luck.

Keep fighting the good fight OM :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Is your flights to Geneva and then transfer to Morzine?

Ja. Geneva is about 70km from Morzine.

Okay another question, being a cross country rider (all mountain in spirit ;) ), are most of the trails only for downhill bikes? Will my Fuel EX7 take the punishment?

Okay another question, being a cross country rider (all mountain in spirit ;) ), are most of the trails only for downhill bikes? Will my Fuel EX7 take the punishment?

here's some pics of uphill-lycra-lovers that might illustrate the XC riding in the Morzine area

http://escapegoat.com.au/wp-content/gallery/2009-alpine-epic-the-passportes/p6290247.jpg

http://www.zenithholidays.co.uk/uploads/images/S_MOR_VTT.jpg

http://www.alpsmountainbike.com/img/banner1.jpg

Guest Omega Man

There's riding for all tastes and skill levels there. We took DH bikes cos that's our focus but there were plenty dudes on xc bikes. You could totally ride a fuel there and have a total blast. The easier DH tracks (green & blue) are totally manageable on an xc bike and there's a lot of xc riding too.

I don't profess to be an expert on the xc routes at all but there are plenty on the trail maps and the ones we rode between the bike parks were great. It's not like here tho. The ski lifts form an integral part of the rides and you aren't considered a poofter for using them. so you'd still buy a lift pass.

I'd really recommend fitting your bike out with a dropper post as the descents are steep. proper steep.

Also. You could rent a dh bike for a day just to get a feel for it. You never know. You might get hooked.

here's some pics of uphill-lycra-lovers that might illustrate the XC riding in the Morzine area

Awesome!! Lycra.... never!!!

I am starting with my savings for a trip like this today!!!!!

Edited by FuelEX