Magalies Monster 2012

Honkdonk

I missed the cut off half way the first time I tried in 2004. There was a big hold up on the single track at the beginning, hope they sorted that out by now.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the cut-off work?

I missed the cut off half way the first time I tried in 2004. There was a big hold up on the single track at the beginning, hope they sorted that out by now.

At a certain time they stopped people continuing on the western loop after the descent down the Breedts Nek dirt road, and sent us back to the start. I was a bit miffed to say the least, esp, after all that hard work and the delays on the single track.

Last year the cut off was at 12pm and was at the top of Breedts Nek, not sure about this year, probably be the same, the main thing I think if you are a slower rider like me is to get some distance in before all the fresh legs for the 40km ride clog start coming past.

One week to go!

I am looking for a lift from Sparkling Waters to the start the morning of.

Dont really want to take 2 cars out there and would like to leave the family sleeping until they come and join in the festivities later on and watch me come over the finish line blue in the face with cramping legs and waves of nausea with tears in my eyes shouting "never again"

Anyone staying at SW or driving past that I can catch a ride with?

One week to go!

I am looking for a lift from Sparkling Waters to the start the morning of.

Dont really want to take 2 cars out there and would like to leave the family sleeping until they come and join in the festivities later on and watch me come over the finish line blue in the face with cramping legs and waves of nausea with tears in my eyes shouting "never again"

Anyone staying at SW or driving past that I can catch a ride with?

You got PM.

Does anyone know if the advertised Pro Nutro Breakfast zone has anything else on offer other than... Pro Nutro?

Bacon and Egg rolls, Muffinz, fresh fruit, Toast and chocolate spread, filter coffee?

Edited by Honkdonk

@Honkdonk - it didn't last year. There was a guy with a mobile coffee stand though, nice caffeine hit before the start

Does anyone know if the advertised Pro Nutro Breakfast zone has anything else on offer other than... Pro Nutro?

Bacon and Egg rolls, Muffinz, fresh fruit, Toast and chocolate spread, filter coffee?

Nope just bokomo products and piesangs...think there is coffee though.

Welldone Henry!!

I want to have what Theresa Ralph is having for breakfast these days, wow, welldone.

The organisers should be congratulated with the fascilities at this race, shade to park off in while you buy proper and plenty of lekker things to drink. Great service. The variety of snacks available to the riders after the race also proper.

I hope Fritz and the rest of the MTN and Nissan race organisers pick up some tips from these guys.

6 years ago I did it and said 'never again' ........ well just entered, lets see how it goes :)

Frikkin loved it today, slayed that monster :devil:

Unfortunately got there late due to 'Mary' my stoopid GPS :unsure: - officially 5:05 but my Garmin says 4:47 :clap: - I take either one after 2006's 5:46 :ph34r:

Sport

Mountain biking Start Time

May 26, 2012 8:18 AM Distance

69.15 km Duration

4h:47m:19s Avg Speed

14.4 km/h Max Speed

57.0 km/h

Only did the half.. But as last year, it broke me..However I Bettered my time and am determined to take on the full Monster next year!

From an organizational point, flawless!

For the first time ever though, lost my cool with a fellow "rider" today... But that's a story for another time.

Congrats to a friend who did the full marathon , SUB 4h, on a SS!!

My first MM .Well on my way for sub 5h then, my sodium depleted body started cramping After riding the whole monster i was pushing my bike on downhills on the next 30km.Managed to finish in 5h5m.I was even cramping at home at 17h .4 teespoons of tablesalt in a glass of game and they were gone in 10m .Amazing!Take it from me ,Magnesium and calsium tabs do nothing for cramping .Sodium is what you need .Salt tabs in my pocket from now on