650B Wheels

Blits

The million $$ question. Answer is nowhere in SA at the moment, I tried, vigorously.

No american classics, no ZTR crest, no tyres.

You can order directly from ZTR Crest in the US, but its gonna cost you $$$$. Probably around 7-8k for a set.

I decided to wait until they become more mainstream here. Maybe contact TwoWheel trading and ask them to order for you, aint gonna be cheap though.

ZTR 650b is good ones I know of , best would be to google and phone a bunch of lbs sure they will either help or guide you in the right direction..

Revolution Cycles in Cape Town has ztr's - saw it of another thread yesterday

I got a set of rims and tyres on their way aus Deutschland (combination of mates/family/colleagues) - hopefully here within a week or so :)

According to the interwebs they will work on my 2010 Epic (Alu rear frame) and Fox fork :thumbup:

more importantly where can you buy a proper 650b frame and fork.......???

cant wait for this one to be over........

make sure if you do order wheels online ..... do get ample stock of tyres..they are rare... been there done that

more importantly where can you buy a proper 650b frame and fork.......???

cant wait for this one to be over........

Have been wondering about this. When using 650b wheels on a 26er frame, what are the effects on the frame angles and associated stresses (if any) etc?

Dunno if this has been asked before...

Have been wondering about this. When using 650b wheels on a 26er frame, what are the effects on the frame angles and associated stresses (if any) etc?

Dunno if this has been asked before...

my personal opinion is you don't have significant geometry changes.... THINK putting on 2.5 inch tyres on your rig.. i dropped my stem by a spacer or two as suggested on the 650b forums and changed to a longer stem 10mm but really not much. significant ride difference though..

the experience was similar to when i changed YEARS ago from a schwinn moab with 1.9 town and country tyres to some MAXXIS 2.3 ignitors that came stock on the Haro extreme full sus bikes... felt i could rol over ANYTHING

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can buy a 650B wheelset?

All of the local stockists seem to be getting stock of the ZTR's and AC's in the next couple of weeks. Alternatively you can order from sixfifty.com.

my personal opinion is you don't have significant geometry changes.... THINK putting on 2.5 inch tyres on your rig.. i dropped my stem by a spacer or two as suggested on the 650b forums and changed to a longer stem 10mm but really not much. significant ride difference though..

the experience was similar to when i changed YEARS ago from a schwinn moab with 1.9 town and country tyres to some MAXXIS 2.3 ignitors that came stock on the Haro extreme full sus bikes... felt i could rol over ANYTHING

Cool. Was just wondering. happy riding!