Sani Cyclelab Ripoff

mriguy

"Minor Service Daily..."

Which days are they talking about mmmm?

Daily, to me, means that if its a three day event it would happen thrice, once for each day.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they service your bike at the end of the event..........?

Didn't take a package so I wouldn't know...the issue here is that the ad is grey, defnitely not clear...alot can be assumed which always leads to expectations not being met. Anyway I am sure he isn't moaning about the wash he has to do quickly do but rather principle.

Didn't take a package so I wouldn't know...the issue here is that the ad is grey, defnitely not clear...alot can be assumed which always leads to expectations not being met. Anyway I am sure he isn't moaning about the wash he has to do quickly do but rather principle.

Well I can tell you the answer and its no.....wait its grey.Tell you what try coming in on the last day and march over to the mechanics and demand they service and wash and lube your bike.There will be nothing grey about the response you will get.

Again, for the cheap seats, always done it myself before, but , having just done Ironman in 50kph winds, I thought I might spoil myself.

I'll try to leave some warm water ;)

Cheap seats haha. A nice expensive bike wash and inspection service (with the odd R15 cable thrown in should you need it) you have just purchased for yourself.

much like car services you could either end up paying for many unnecessary must do repairs, or if they are really busy, perhaps the cursory eye run over your machine as the high pressure hose forces grit into your bearings may miss a vital issue that leaves you stranded out amongst the grasses and mambas.

There are many advantages to looking after your machine personally, other than saving R335.00 a day on washes and inspections...

I don't....seems pretty clear to me.No wash or service after the event

Bloody agent!!! :ph34r:

I would just take my dirty bike to the CL guys at the end and tell them to pack it.

does no one clean their bike themselves anymore.......I saw cyclelab offering a special for unlimited bike washed until end Sept.......are we all pro's now?

I have a bike that has never seen the inside of a bike shop since the day I bought it 3 yrs ago and don't plan to ever, unless I need a wheel trued, but them i'm just taking in the wheel......man I have trust issues :-)

Yeah, I am the same. I can do most stuff myself but it has helped that I have always had close friends who are/have been professional mechanics. So even wheel building and truing is taken care of in my home workshop.

Well I can tell you the answer and its no.....wait its grey.Tell you what try coming in on the last day and march over to the mechanics and demand they service and wash and lube your bike.There will be nothing grey about the response you will get.

You are dead right its grey...the ad doesn't say which days they will perform a wash...end van prent. How are you supposed to know about it. My expectation if I had to buy this package is that it would be done...surely that immediately tells you there is something wrong with the wording because in reality it won't.

PS Service my own bike, no need to pay bob to wash and lube my bike but maybe it will be nice value add for clients in that they will receive their bikes in pristine condition after the event.

I would just take my dirty bike to the CL guys at the end and tell them to pack it.

Yeah, I am the same. I can do most stuff myself but it has helped that I have always had close friends who are/have been professional mechanics. So even wheel building and truing is taken care of in my home workshop.

Was it them friends of yours who did your wrist repair?

To all you technically inclined racing snakes, I for one think I'll still be on the bike when you guys get stuck into your 3rd beer, having washed and serviced your bikes all by yourselves, and probably would have been for a massage already. But me, I'm going to need all the help I can get at the end of each long day, especially because my wife's nails don't like touching anything on a bike that's not on the handle bars. So I'm gladly paying for what certainly is an expensive deal. As for what happens at Scottburgh doesn't phase me too much, as I'll be over the moon having got there. Just hope they can help with any niggles BEFORE the event and have CO2 bombs for sale at registration.

Edited by flymango

This just in by email:

Dear Sani 2 C Riders,

I trust that your training has gone well and that you are ready for your respective events next week! This mail serves to confirm that you are on our list of riders that have booked and paid for the Cycle Lab Bike Maintenance Package.

We are very busy at the moment confirming orders for spares, making all the necessary arrangements with the organisers and ensuring that our staff is ready and prepared for the arduous task of looking after your bike for you and making your Sani 2 C a memorable one.

There are a few questions that have been raised by some of you and some areas of concern that I have and would like to clarify:

• A reminder that the cost of the service is R950-00 per rider. I would like to reiterate that if your partner has not also paid the R950-00 for his/her package, that we will not be able to service or repair their bikes. We have made provision for 20 bikes, 10 per mechanic at each stop and will be very strict about walk-ins in fairness to those of you who have paid to have your bikes taken care of and are expecting us to deliver a great service. We have promised to give your bike our ‘undivided attention’!

• I would appreciate it if you could please let me know if there has been any confusion in this regard so that we can get the relevant information and payment from your partner so that there is no misunderstanding at the event. All the slots have been filled so please let us know as soon as possible.

• There are several ‘lone riders’ on my list so if you know that your partner has also booked, please let me know who he/she is so that I can ‘put two and two together’!

• The service package includes the washing and servicing of your bike at MacKenzies and at Jolivet Farm but we are unfortunately not able to wash your bikes at the finish. In the past it was the responsibility of each rider to carry his/her own cleaning materials and hand their bike in for servicing washed and ready to be attended to. We have employed someone to do this for you at each stop this year but would like you to please understand that we have been given strict instructions by the organisers that we may not have our own bike wash facility and have to queue in the communal bike wash facility provided for the riders at the finish each day. To employ and provide an additional member of staff to do this in Scottburgh for the THREE Sani 2 C events is not logistically possible.

• The Cycle Lab Bike Maintenance Package is in no way related to the Bike Transport Service being offered by our Cape Town based Tours and Events company. The transporting of your bike and washing it prior to it being transported unfortunately remains your responsibility.

We will be sending out a further mail on Monday with a few last minute instructions and any additional information you may need regarding where you will find us, payment for spares used, who the teams are that will be looking after your bikes etc.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Kind regards,

Just received from CycleLab ... so it clarifies the uncertainty. Good on them as they were probably following this thread and took action. :thumbup: Or is that wishful thinking?? :whistling:

Dear Sani 2 C Riders,

I trust that your training has gone well and that you are ready for your respective events next week! This mail serves to confirm that you are on our list of riders that have booked and paid for the Cycle Lab Bike Maintenance Package.

We are very busy at the moment confirming orders for spares, making all the necessary arrangements with the organisers and ensuring that our staff is ready and prepared for the arduous task of looking after your bike for you and making your Sani 2 C a memorable one.

There are a few questions that have been raised by some of you and some areas of concern that I have and would like to clarify:

· A reminder that the cost of the service is R950-00 per rider. I would like to reiterate that if your partner has not also paid the R950-00 for his/her package, that we will not be able to service or repair their bikes. We have made provision for 20 bikes, 10 per mechanic at each stop and will be very strict about walk-ins in fairness to those of you who have paid to have your bikes taken care of and are expecting us to deliver a great service. We have promised to give your bike our ‘undivided attention’!

· I would appreciate it if you could please let me know if there has been any confusion in this regard so that we can get the relevant information and payment from your partner so that there is no misunderstanding at the event. All the slots have been filled so please let us know as soon as possible.

· There are several ‘lone riders’ on my list so if you know that your partner has also booked, please let me know who he/she is so that I can ‘put two and two together’!

· The service package includes the washing and servicing of your bike at MacKenzies and at Jolivet Farm but we are unfortunately not able to wash your bikes at the finish. In the past it was the responsibility of each rider to carry his/her own cleaning materials and hand their bike in for servicing washed and ready to be attended to. We have employed someone to do this for you at each stop this year but would like you to please understand that we have been given strict instructions by the organisers that we may not have our own bike wash facility and have to queue in the communal bike wash facility provided for the riders at the finish each day. To employ and provide an additional member of staff to do this in Scottburgh for the THREE Sani 2 C events is not logistically possible.

· The Cycle Lab Bike Maintenance Package is in no way related to the Bike Transport Service being offered by our Cape Town based Tours and Events company. The transporting of your bike and washing it prior to it being transported unfortunately remains your responsibility.

We will be sending out a further mail on Monday with a few last minute instructions and any additional information you may need regarding where you will find us, payment for spares used, who the teams are that will be looking after your bikes etc.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

To all you technically inclined racing snakes, I for one think I'll still be on the bike when you guys get stuck into your 3rd beer, having washed and serviced your bikes all by yourselves, and probably would have been for a massage already. But me, I'm going to need all the help I can get at the end of each long day, especially because my wife's nails don't like touching anything on a bike that's not on the handle bars. So I'm gladly paying for what certainly is an expensive deal. As for what happens at Scottburgh doesn't phase me too much, as I'll be over the moon having got there. Just hope they can help with any niggles BEFORE the event and have CO2 bombs for sale at registration.

Noted Flymango, I hope you have a great incident free Sani2C experience.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Noted Kranswurm, I hope you have a great incident free Sani2C experience.

Why are you picking on me???

I am not doing the S2C unfortunately.Would love to.All my mates just got back from J2C and apparently the trail is perfect

Was it them friends of yours who did your wrist repair?

Dude, I wish they were that good. My fiance does have First Aid level 2.... :D

Ya, but would you have read it?

Mystery Guy - maybe you have a point and possibly a clever name.