Polar control button quality stinks

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

After spending R2500-00 ofor my Polar S725X Three of the controll buttons has now gone missing. This is not the first time as my S210 had the same problems and theĀ buttons had to be replaced quite a few times. Each time I had to take the watch to Polar or hand it in at my LBS and wait two to there weeks.

I am quite fed up now and are going to write a letter to Polar in Finland requesting their fedback. It is ridiculous that such a amazing piece of equipment is dogged by simple things such as a BUTTONsmileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif

Feedback from other hubbers please????

I had endless problems with the red button jamming. First they replaced it, then the guy at IF in Midrand took it off and sanded it lightly with some sand paper... since then no problems.

Been using Polar products for the past 4/5 years and have never had any problems.

Maybe they should just tar the roads in Moz... smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley17.gif

Guest Big H

Clunkhead.... that is exactly what we are doing!!!!!! tarring roads.... jy vat my hond ne!!!!!!Ā Where do you live???? On the planet Mars and are your batteries flat!!!!!! or do you suffer form carbontysis!!!!!

The problems with the S210 was experienced on your so called "civilised" and modern roads in GAUTENG!!!!!! When the S210 buttons fell off polar acknowledged that there was models with suspect buttons.

Three of the four buttons cracked and fell off. That IS bad quality in my book. The book of H.

Click on image to open in new window

Ā 

Never had problems with my Polar and it's going on 2 and a bit years now. Mail Polar and give us their feedback. Jason38931.3921412037

Had the same problem with my s210 buttons cracked and fell out . Had it replaced at Argus 2005 . Later upgraded to 720i no problems

Constant problems with red botton, especially after muddy mtb rides.

After my recent fun in the snow, my red button is totally jammed, and all the bottons are "frozen", needs to be sent in again.

On the positive side, I have to admit though, IF in Jhb always replaces under warranty and no hassles, (well apart from having to send the watch of to Jo-burg every time)

I know a certain Falcon/H2C2 rider who wraps his HRM in cling wrap whenever he ventures off road. I have been meaning to do the same for ages, but keep forgetting the cling wrap. He as never had any problems with his HRM buttons not working.

MY 720 been going for two years non stop now . In rain , mud , sand , dust name it . Took it for battery replacement few weeks ago and the service was briliant to say least . They fixed my broken spare speed sensor free of charge .

Constant problems with red botton' date=' especially after muddy mtb rides.

After my recent fun in the snow, my red button is totally jammed, and all the bottons are "frozen", needs to be sent in again.

On the positive side, I have to admit though, IF in Jhb always replaces under warranty and no hassles, (well apart from having to send the watch of to Jo-burg every time)

[/quote']

You can prize the red button out with a sharp knife or blade. Underneath you will find a metal button... this is what Polar did for me.

I clean my polar unit (625X) with an old toothbrush every time it gets mucked up. Besides, the altitude sensor (between the two buttons on the right) always needs to be clean to readĀ pressure correctly.

But I hear you big H, there are a few with 'factoryĀ faults'.Ā Ā 

No problems with my 725 and also 720 "touch wood" ,many problems with the speeds sensors although they everytime replace them free of charge

Ā 

I have had some other types on my bike in sometimes very poor conditions and the worst for these watches is mud. I then heard about - all males (cycling or non-cycling) carry spares close at hand - condoms stretched lekker tight in place of the clingwrap. Latex rules!!!