Blood Pressure

Garfield2010

Is it normal to have a BP of 80 - 135 at home but 100 - 150 at work (8 hours)?

Please could only informed persons answer............

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if its normal, but I had mine tested at work yesterday and it was 180 / 114. Went to the doc in a panic first thing this morning and it was 142 / 80. Did an ECG etc and all fine. So at least you are not the only one.

Depends on various factors.

How stressed are you at work?

How much coffee do you drink at work?

Your blood pressure will be lower if you measure it just after you wake up, but this is a big spike. 100-150 is a tad high, so I would suggest a normal checkup to make sure all is in order.

probably don't qualify as an infomred person, but I check at gym from time to time and have noticed a similar and consistent variation if I test after work during the week vs on a weekend or holiday.... simply stress I think.

Depends on various factors.

How stressed are you at work?

How much coffee do you drink at work?

I am already on BP meds, just dont know if thoses spikes are normal.

I do drink too much coffee.

I am having a *** day thanks.

Will skip coffee tomorrow and check again thanks.

So my BP also raised when I take an extra caffeiene Gu Gel on the bike?

I am already on BP meds, just dont know if thoses spikes are normal.

I do drink too much coffee.

I am having a *** day thanks.

Will skip coffee tomorrow and check again thanks.

So my BP also raised when I take an extra caffeiene Gu Gel on the bike?

all that lasagna proabably doesn't help either...

Is it normal to have a BP of 80 - 135 at home but 100 - 150 at work (8 hours)?

Please could only informed persons answer............

Could be right. I'm on chronic medication for high blood pressure and when they at first discovered the problem, I had to wear a device that measures your blood pressure for 24 hours. When the stats came back it looked very similar to yours i.e. lower at home than at work. My blood pressure issue is purely stress related, and yours is probably too.

Second question

I have a little VISOCOR machine (OM 40)

How accurate is it? Commensence would tell me its a bit conservative so I guess I could probably subtact a few numbers on the overall figures???

When I had my first wrist operation nearly two weeks ago I had some serious pain that night. It seems as though pethadine had no pain relief for me. My BP was sitting at approximately 170/100. After they gave me morphine to calm the pain, I was down to 130/85. Which just go to show you how pain stress can have an effect. I'm now back to a normal 120/80.

I dont know if its normal, but I had mine tested at work yesterday and it was 180 / 114. Went to the doc in a panic first thing this morning and it was 142 / 80. Did an ECG etc and all fine. So at least you are not the only one.

Is that not a bit high man? What did the doc say about the BP pressure at work?

When I had my first wrist operation nearly two weeks ago I had some serious pain that night. It seems as though pethadine had no pain relief for me. My BP was sitting at approximately 170/100. After they gave me morphine to calm the pain, I was down to 130/85. Which just go to show you how pain stress can have an effect. I'm now back to a normal 120/80.

So you think I am at pain at work? Actually you are right. My work is a real pain in the arse!! :w00t:

Your blood pressure varies during the day. The reference should be when you are healthy, calm and rested. I had one of those VO2Max tests done end of last year. They measure your blood pressure before, during and after. It is scary how high it becomes as you are reaching LT.

Garfield 100 over 150 is hypertension! rather go have it checked at your GP !! dont mess with your ticker!