Whatever you do dont fly mango

Baster Brak

very clever of you.

until the airline loses $1000 of goodies and pays you $120....

I fly with airlines that pay me "interrim cash" on the same day they lose my luggage. And anyone who checks in a $1000 worth of goods (sporting and other goods excluded) is asking for trouble anyway

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it not have been the Airlines fault and not the travel agent?

I don't know. Wouldn't going through an agent make you the agent's customer, not the airline's?

The extra is normally free though :whistling: Well at least it is with my bank

There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Not even Travel Insurance? Whenever I came to SA on holiday, I always had insurance, cost like R50 or something.

We took medical cover but not sure what else.

I will never understand this weight issue. People vary in weight.. Will a couple kg's for a few bikes make so much difference???

+1

Only insurance I have is on the car (they won't allow me to drive without it). No insurance on household goods.

So you're one of those okes who's going to cry and offer a R1000.00 reward when your R50k bike is nicked?

I fly with airlines that pay me "interrim cash" on the same day they lose my luggage. And anyone who checks in a $1000 worth of goods (sporting and other goods excluded) is asking for trouble anyway

Well that is exactly what I was thinking of... As long as you have your eyes open, but imho travel insurance is cheap and worthwhile

Guest Omega Man

Would it not have been the Airlines fault and not the travel agent?

Sorry. My post wasn't clear enough. Ja. I went through the agent asking the airline to refund the money spent on rental bikes as the only reason we rented bikes was because of the airlines failure to get out bikes on the plane. The travel agent was great. The airline not so much.

We took medical cover but not sure what else.

I prefer to be responsible, and know what I'm travelling under.

Just received this reply from the communications manger at Mango Airlines,

I copy in my colleague, Frances, our airport manager in Cape Town.

Every flight that departs is trimmed for weight and balance – as I am sure you can fathom, aircraft have operational minimums that have to be adhered to as this is international aviation law. It is also done for your comfort and to ensure the safety of the service.

It is nearly impossible for any airline to predict the number, size and weight of luggage that any flight would attract – as I am sure you may have noticed when travelling on occasion that some folks exceed checked baggage limits and travel with large amounts of luggage.

When a whole bunch of people choose to travel with significantly overweight luggage – we have no option to offload some of it for safety reasons and send it along on the next available aircraft. Any airline will only have this knowledge after all the Guests have checked in.

As noted – this is something we cannot predict and occurs rarely.

We have apologised, endeavoured to minimise the inconvenience as much as possible and we worked through the night to rectify it. Should you have any more queries – I will be happy to respond.

Every flight that departs is trimmed for weight and balance – as I am sure you can fathom, aircraft have operational minimums that have to be adhered to as this is international aviation law. It is also done for your comfort and to ensure the safety of the service.

It is nearly impossible for any airline to predict the number, size and weight of luggage that any flight would attract – as I am sure you may have noticed when travelling on occasion that some folks exceed checked baggage limits and travel with large amounts of luggage.

When a whole bunch of people choose to travel with significantly overweight luggage – we have no option to offload some of it for safety reasons and send it along on the next available aircraft. Any airline will only have this knowledge after all the Guests have checked in.

We have apologised, endeavoured to minimise the inconvenience as much as possible and we worked through the night to rectify it. Should you have any more queries – I will be happy to respond.

How lovely, so they off-load the bikes that has been pre-booked and paid for. Thats just a lame response. Off course they cant know who will rock up with a fridge (believe me I've seen this before) wanting to check it in. That is the stuff they need to off-load. If you come there 10kgs overweight on your check-in luggage they either charge you extra or they should refuse to check-in said passenger and luggage. If you told them before you're travelling with your bike, and they took your money, they must plan accordingly.

So they didnt realize that a crapload of poeple paid extra to load their bikes?

They didnt have automated systems to warn the booking agents no more excess baggage will be allowed?

They didnt take it on a first come first serve basis becuase they dont have the above two facilities.

Besides thats bull***t anyway, I weigh 30kg next to the 4.6 chick sitting next to me, how did they counter that, none of the passangers got weighed. This is their problem and they make their ineffeciancy the customers problem. If they take your money to fly your bike they better load the thing.

So you're one of those okes who's going to cry and offer a R1000.00 reward when your R50k bike is nicked?

Can never understand why such expensive bikes are not insured !

:eek: :blink:

Bullsh1t Mango you are lying, they knew how many bikes to expect, they where all pre booked, spoke to some other passengers, this crap started the day before, so plain and simple MANGO IS LYING, our bikes arrived at 11:30 at night, this ment we ended up with 4 hrs sleep the night before the race, went 17 min slower than last year on day 1, so thank you Mangi for stuffing up my Sani, I put in many hours of training just to have it stuffed up by some lying airline who actually could'nt care, and to make it better I now see you can win a R200 voucher for Mango on the Hub, how effing ironic, MANGO, take your R200 voucher and stuff it were the sun don't shine, next year I take the train