Rietvlei nature reserve?

Anine

cool Mulbarton is closer to me than Irene so thanx Mike thats the info I wanted :thumbup:

At least something good came from the confusion...LOL

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got another week or 2 at the most (waiting for broken arm to heal) and then i will be giving the new Modderfontein trial a go.

Hey Bio - there is also Thaba Trials just up the road from here as well, AWESOME but can be very technical

Hey Bio - there is also Thaba Trials just up the road from here as well, AWESOME but can be very technical

Shot dude, always keen on something new. Will try and get there this weekend.

Nice 33km, considered the most difficult in Gauteng, (there are days that i agree with the statement)

Nice 33km, considered the most difficult in Gauteng, (there are days that i agree with the statement)

more difficult than VG?

more difficult than VG?

Honestly, the black trial is beyond mindblowing, you will gunning round a corner at literally 25km's only to be confronted with a MASSIVE drop out..............its hair raising at the best of times.

Although i have not been out to Magalies in quite some time now, so difficult one to comment on.

guess ill stay clear of black then. not the best MTB'er at the moment but I'm working on it

guess ill stay clear of black then. not the best MTB'er at the moment but I'm working on it

Agreed..........literally sh@t myself at certain stages, i am a far way off from completing some of these rides offered.

Agreed..........literally sh@t myself at certain stages, i am a far way off from completing some of these rides offered.

But what a great feeling it is when you conquer those obstacles

I have honestly never heard of this place, weird that 2 nature reserves would sjare the same name in opposite sides of Gauteng?

Not 100% shure but alberton is rietvlei "zoo farm" and pta is rietvlei "nature reserve"...

zoo-nature..farm-reserve

Hat -coat

:thumbup:

Edited by GrubScrew

Thaba is awesome! On some of the climbs you need to weigh down your front wheel with sandbags to keep it on the ground, but the decents are worth it!