dear mrclean, have you never heard of the north shore or wistler or wales? ...

debullet

fixed :devil:

I am willing to place bets that you are one of those "free riders" that would walk the technical rocky decent at Attakwas.

BUt then again, I have been known to be a bad gambler.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: your points, opinions and ideas are not far off.... however as usual they are just a bit bloated and overstated.

Just like the revisited and extended version of this song!!!

You've got to party for your right to fight

(as we said at the time)

I can only dance after 8 beers...

LOL.... @8 beers you THINK you can dance....

the tension between baggy-boys and lycra-lads is getting pretty thick...

there's only 1 way to settle the debate...

DANCE OFF!! :lol:

Dangle can't dance.... he has a condition called vertical-drop-outs

With regards to AM bikes, could someone help me in the right direction. I understand that the XC bikes are way more popular in SA, but I'm hoping that some importers are wanting to grow the AM 'segment' of the market. Could someone in the know please tell me which brands I should be looking at in SA who have a fair range of AM bikes...thanks in advance.

just to get the definitions right, so that I know if I must look up to or down on myself - I'm in the Cape and ride mostly at Contermans, Welvanpas, Table Mountain (jeeps tracks & single tracks), Tokai (same as TM), Jonkershoek. What type of riding is that XCO, AM,?

With regards to AM bikes, could someone help me in the right direction. I understand that the XC bikes are way more popular in SA, but I'm hoping that some importers are wanting to grow the AM 'segment' of the market. Could someone in the know please tell me which brands I should be looking at in SA who have a fair range of AM bikes...thanks in advance.

Commencal

http://www.commencal.com/web/

Before the phrase mountain bike was coined - and almost trademarked - all-terrain bikes was used. All the types of riding described here are sub-genres of mountain biking.

Quite a few brands have an AM bike available to the SA market. Granted most of these models aren't on the showroom floors, they are still obtainable. Here are some to name a few.

Yeti SB-66

Cannondale Jekyll

Scott Ransom

Commencal Meta AM

Santa Cruz Nomad

Morewood Sukuma

Morewood Jabula

Specialized Enduro

Mongoose Teocali

Before the phrase mountain bike was coined - and almost trademarked - all-terrain bikes was used. All the types of riding described here are sub-genres of mountain biking.

All-terrain biking just does not have the same ring to it as "mountain biking"

No Giant Reign there, patches?

Does dragon bring them in?

I considered the reign and the Trek Slash, but the SA agents for each don't really bring them in (to my knowledge).

Nolipoli had to specially wangle his 2 reigns

Edited by patches

All-terrain biking just does not have the same ring to it as "mountain biking"

No, it doesn't hey! Apparently it took a hippy with a name like Bamboo Willow or something who put forward the name "mountain bike" to Charlie Kelly and he and Fisher named their company "MountainBike".

I can't remember the exact details, but there is a recorded use of a phrase which translates from German into "mountain bike" about 150 year prior to this though.

Does dragon bring them in?

I considered the reign and the Trek Slash, but the SA agents for each don't really bring them in (to my knowledge).

Nolipoli had to specially wangle hits 2 reigns

I seem to remember Ghostface saying something about bringing some in (may be wrong). It is listed under the SA version of the Giant site.