Joberg2c 2013

Doggone

You wont be sorry..... just finished it.... unbelievable event - and you get to do the Sani without all the traffic!!

The Joburg2c follows closely after the Epic. How tough is the course (just did the Sani for the first time, so am aware of the last 3 days)?

I will do Epic 2013 and if I can secure a sponsor for J2c, I would like to rid it as well. Just wondering how an amateur can handle 2 big races so close to each other.

The Joburg2c follows closely after the Epic. How tough is the course (just did the Sani for the first time, so am aware of the last 3 days)?

I will do Epic 2013 and if I can secure a sponsor for J2c, I would like to rid it as well. Just wondering how an amateur can handle 2 big races so close to each other.

Go for it, and then tell us how you felt afterwards.

IMO should be ok provided you rest and recover properly after CE, no silly long dragged out training

I am very much an average more towards the back of the pack type of rider and the first 3 days of JHB2C were pretty fine.... long and flat. Days 4, 5, 6 are much tougher with technical singletrack and some big climbs and descents ( one of the guys who had done Epic said Day 4 ( the drop off the escarpment day) made the Epic look like a wimps ride...... but never done an Epic so wouldnt know!! So basically 3 toughish days and the rest is fine.

My second J2C.

I don't agree with Jaxtun. The first 3 days through the flat Freestate with only 1000m of climbing and no downhills are very tough. On paper it looks easy but you realy feel it at the end of the day. Easy mistake is to go to fast over the first 3 days. The highlight of the race is the BERG and Bush part day 4-6.

This is a must do event!

I'm with jaxtun on this one, well mostly. Day 1 and 2 are a walk in the park. Day 1 is neutral so nice slow warm up ride, day 2 is only 90kms or so, quite easy, day 3 is tough, although it's fairl flat it is 125kms, it hurts.

Agree with Graskop, push to hard on these days and you will pay the price on day 4, 5, 6

Edited by GT1

So we entered the event today. Now to start the preparation. . . . . . . :)

Plenty of time . We started training for the 2010 J2C on Christmas day 2009. Day 4 probably rates as our best day on a bike ever. Beautiful. Don`t underestimate the flat days, the relentless pedaling can wear you down especially if there are lots of f*cking grass `polle` for want of a better word.

. Don`t underestimate the flat days, the relentless pedaling can wear you down especially if there are lots of f*cking grass `polle` for want of a better word.

They have sorted out the grass thankfully, I've done 2011 & 2012, I believe you guys got shaken apart in 2010

. Don`t underestimate the flat days, the relentless pedaling can wear you down especially if there are lots of f*cking grass `polle` for want of a better word.

They have sorted out the grass thankfully, I've done 2011 & 2012, I believe you guys got shaken apart in 2010

My ` tjommie` is still numb and my riding partner has vowed never to ride with me again in any race longer than 3 days!

Wappo's famous "toughten up" remark comes to mind.

After two days off people complaining about the tufty grass

• 1 month later...