Bike stand

EggsBox

Hi guys, Any recommendations on a bike stand to work on my bike? Find it ridiculous just to send my bike to LBS to fix jumping rear de-railer

This one is great. Allows major work like installing cranks easy, raises the bike so you aren't crouching and folds up easily. Pretty cheap off CRC as well. Model name is "Cycle-motion".

http://tacx2009.ilink2.nl/MEDIA-REPOSITORY/Afbeeldingen/producten/Fietsgereedschappen/Montagestandaards/Cyclemotion%20stand/T3075_CycleMotion_338x450.jpg

I use a Park Tools PCS9 stand. Bought it online from CRC two years ago and have no "real" complaints so far.

I use a Park Tools PCS9 stand. Bought it online from CRC two years ago and have no "real" complaints so far.

I got the PCS10. Slightly more expensive but they both work well.

The top stand will only work with bikes that have QR skewers on the fork - so no thru axles.

This one is great. Allows major work like installing cranks easy, raises the bike so you aren't crouching and folds up easily. Pretty cheap off CRC as well. Model name is "Cycle-motion".

http://tacx2009.ilink2.nl/MEDIA-REPOSITORY/Afbeeldingen/producten/Fietsgereedschappen/Montagestandaards/Cyclemotion%20stand/T3075_CycleMotion_338x450.jpg

Use the same stand and am happy with it. Don't like stands that clamp the frame or seatpost

Give me your requirements and or a picture of the stand and I will custom build it for you, We are currently making normal rear triangle stands and wall hooks.

Can copy one in the photograph at what can be half the cost

Edited by BLACKvoodoo

Give me your requirements and or a picture of the stand and I will custom build it for you, We are currently making normal rear triangle stands and wall hooks.

How many moola you charge for it? :D

www dot arcstands dot co dot za

I bought one from him, can't go wrong great service from Wynand too

Just make your own , its way cheaper than buying one , these are my two i made.

post-8504-0-53509400-1337595114.jpg

post-8504-0-80711700-1337595179.jpg

ok so i know i am not a professional mechanic but i use 2 holdfast straps that i run through the frame, 1 at the seat post join and 1 either behind the fork or in the weld where the top tube meets the downtube, and fling over 2 roof beams about 4 foot apart, means bike is in the air, sturdy as hell and i cant knock it over if i happen to wander 2 close etc. i know its not an answer to your question but as a cheap as chips solution to a problem you cant( in my opinion) get better. oh the straps are the std 25mm cam straps in case you are wondering, you may even have and not need to buy, worst case if you do need to they are only 50 odd bucks.

can be used from any number of objects, lapa timber poles, roof struts, trees, garage door rails etc etc.

Just make your own , its way cheaper than buying one , these are my two i made.

Nice and neat garage! A place for everything and everything in it's place! :thumbup:

ok so i know i am not a professional mechanic but i use 2 holdfast straps that i run through the frame, 1 at the seat post join and 1 either behind the fork or in the weld where the top tube meets the downtube, and fling over 2 roof beams about 4 foot apart, means bike is in the air, sturdy as hell and i cant knock it over if i happen to wander 2 close etc. i know its not an answer to your question but as a cheap as chips solution to a problem you cant( in my opinion) get better. oh the straps are the std 25mm cam straps in case you are wondering, you may even have and not need to buy, worst case if you do need to they are only 50 odd bucks.

can be used from any number of objects, lapa timber poles, roof struts, trees, garage door rails etc etc.

:thumbup:

you can carry it anywhere in your pocket aswell !

Nice and neat garage! A place for everything and everything in it's place! :thumbup:

Thank you Sir !

Don't like stands that clamp the frame or seatpost

I hope you don't send your bike for any service or repairs at a shop.

Pretty much the same solution. My flat isn't big enough for most things. I've a chain that I loop over my pull-up bar and under the front of the saddle. Not ideal - it's a squeeze in the doorway - but enough to work on most stuff like re-indexing.