Rocket Ron & Racing Ralph

Neg

So when i got my fiancees Bike, it came with new Rocket Ron and Racing Ralph. we are now putting these tires on. Which is best for front and rear?

never used the Schwalbe brand before.

cheers.

So when i got my fiancees Bike, it came with new Rocket Ron and Racing Ralph. we are now putting these tires on. Which is best for front and rear?

never used the Schwalbe brand before.

cheers.

Ralphs are fine for the front Ron on back, Snakeskin Evo are much better than standard tyres but the standard tyres should be fine in winter unless she is a major race snake or technical rider. Don`t let all the resident `pros` tell you the tyres are crap as this is not true unless she is a very advanced rider. They do tend to wear very fast though and are not suitable for tubeless unless they are Snakeskin Evo.

Ralph back, Ron front

+1. This is how I roll.

I agree that the Schwalbe "race" tires that come with many bikes are prone to cuts and hard to make tubeless, but I run the tubeless ready EVO (not snakeskinn), and love them. No problems in 5 months now.

rocket rons are crap...first race I had it on I got a sidewall cut...went back to Continental

thanks guys!

Ralph rear, Ron front!

there will be no racing with these wheels.... my lass rides social and very easy.... so these will hold out for her. its what came with the bike as spares. never been on rims yet.

Edited by Neg

Ralphs are fine for the front Ron on back, Snakeskin Evo are much better than standard tyres but the standard tyres should be fine in winter unless she is a major race snake or technical rider. Don`t let all the resident `pros` tell you the tyres are crap as this is not true unless she is a very advanced rider. They do tend to wear very fast though and are not suitable for tubeless unless they are Snakeskin Evo.

Fixed

Ralph back, Ron front

I went from crossmarks to this combo...only regret I have I should have done this the beginning! I like!!

+1. This is how I roll.

I agree that the Schwalbe "race" tires that come with many bikes are prone to cuts and hard to make tubeless, but I run the tubeless ready EVO (not snakeskinn), and love them. No problems in 5 months now.

Consider yourself lucky! Mine only lasted 2months, double sidewall cut.

All I can say is don't ride a normal rocket ron when it is flattish. Had a slow punctured, was still able to ride it(or so I thought)

First fast turn I took the tyre jumped of the rim because of the soft side walls. Was a very painful experience. I like the Racing Ralph evo Snakeskin, but hate the Ron.

Give it a go, maybe it works for you, but Ralphs (non snakeskin) only gave me hassles. It's paper thin sidewalls are very prone to cuts. The weight, though, is a big advantage.

I have Rocket Rons back, Racing Ralphs front on bike 1. One bike 2 I have Racing Ralph upfront and Icons back. I had the Rocket Rons front as well and the grip is better.

I think the main question is the skill level of the cyclist - Racing Ralphs upfront is probably not ideal for a newbie - make the first new front tyre one with lots of grip.