Wheels or Fork

MariusC

Listen to Crow, Reba would be best value for money, best suited to your bike and frame. Fox would be killer, but alot more expensive, unless you can find a 2nd hand float in good nick and price.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A front forks? :whistling:

Lol, whatever "floats" your boat, I like them forks foxy.... you however dont seem to mind the old coilsprung every now and then? Hahahha

Dude, my 2011 REBA RLT Dual Air is going for 2.5k. Very good nick, and is currently spaced at 120mm (can be taken back down to 100mm / 80mm if necessary)

They are white. I will measure the steerer tonight, if you're interested.

Dude, my 2011 REBA RLT Dual Air is going for 2.5k. Very good nick, and is currently spaced at 120mm (can be taken back down to 100mm / 80mm if necessary)

They are white. I will measure the steerer tonight, if you're interested.

I might just be interested, just need to pass it with my other half and let you know. can you gooi some pics?

I might just be interested, just need to pass it with my other half and let you know. can you gooi some pics?

That is a really good buy. I would go for it if you can afford it.

I seem to have a different view to most here. From my experience a wheel upgrade makes more of a difference to overall performance than a fork. But then again I rode for years on a crap old Suntour coil fork. I rode around its inadequacies and generally just adapted to absorbing everything with my arms. When I got a new fork - Recon air - it was much more comfortable but only really faster on very technical stuff. On the other hand, a good wheel upgrade makes a decent difference everywhere especially accelerating and is faster/saves plenty energy on flats and uphills. It also depends just how much of a difference there is between the old crap model and the new upgrade.

Just be clear that you should try to eventually save up for both and that they should be compatible with each other. In other words if you upgrade your fork first, it will have to be for skewers only, in order to take your current wheels. Then if you do your wheel upgrade it will have to be with skewers. It looks like thru axle is going to become the norm soon so perhaps wheels with something like the excellent Hope hubs which can easily swop between 9mm skewers and 15 or 20mm thru axles would be advisable.

That is a really good buy. I would go for it if you can afford it.

I seem to have a different view to most here. From my experience a wheel upgrade makes more of a difference to overall performance than a fork. But then again I rode for years on a crap old Suntour coil fork. I rode around its inadequacies and generally just adapted to absorbing everything with my arms. When I got a new fork - Recon air - it was much more comfortable but only really faster on very technical stuff. On the other hand, a good wheel upgrade makes a decent difference everywhere especially accelerating and is faster/saves plenty energy on flats and uphills. It also depends just how much of a difference there is between the old crap model and the new upgrade.

Just be clear that you should try to eventually save up for both and that they should be compatible with each other. In other words if you upgrade your fork first, it will have to be for skewers only, in order to take your current wheels. Then if you do your wheel upgrade it will have to be with skewers. It looks like thru axle is going to become the norm soon so perhaps wheels with something like the excellent Hope hubs which can easily swop between 9mm skewers and 15 or 20mm thru axles would be advisable.

Thanx slick. Think best would be to ride with my current setup and save up for a fork and a wheelset

Thanx slick. Think best would be to ride with my current setup and save up for a fork and a wheelset

How utterly boring... :D

Or buy cptmahem's fork now and then after a few weeks when you get annoyed just looking at it on the mantlepiece - you will rush out and get some decent wheels on the credit card.

:P

Or buy cptmahem's fork now and then after a few weeks when you get annoyed just looking at it on the mantlepiece - you will rush out and get some decent wheels on the credit card.

:P

:thumbdown: