Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Thank you CWC, you rock. Now I need to go 'torque' to some bolts.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/shaheedosman/EFA972E8-3BE0-4D61-B44D-AF1F8B60385C-2147-00000156046AE05C.jpg

Can you or the other guy post a pic of this next to a matchbox or something? Or say what the range is?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mallet 3's are for rich folk. I just went for the 2's. They at least have pins and not just those raised squares like the 1's.

Have there been issues with the 2's?

Reported bearing failure and main shaft shearing... Nothing serious, you understand...

Mallet 3's have received an uprated shaft and better bearings, apparently. They've also shrunk a bit, but there's a Mallett DH now that has more pinzzz and better hold.

@TNT . Dont have it with me now, but range is from 5-25 nm. The case is about 30 cm long to put it into perspective. The wrench is quite a soild piece of kit. My only gripe is that my extensions and swivel socket from my other socket set wont fit the wrench or sockets.

My New baby.....Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon!!w00t.gif clap.gif thumbup1.gif

Awesome ride! BUT... Are you planning some triathlons with that dodgy bottle cage on the seatpost?... ;)

Atleast he did'nt go for a Camelbak.

Hahaha. Reckon you'd get away with a Camelbak over that cage on that bike...

My New baby.....Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon!!w00t.gif clap.gif thumbup1.gif

Nice! But have you tested the suspension with that bottle cage sitting so low. If the VPP on the tallboy I'd anything like my Intense, you're going to get a shock when your rear wheel stops dead against the bottle cage when the rear is fully compressed. Could result in a damage to both yourself and the bike.

It might not foul, but just check to be certain

Word of advice boys .... when building up those Shova's make sure you have some beer on hand and also make sure you remove the rear triangle to route the rear brake before you drink too many beers. This from experience gained in the late hours of the night when I built my one up.

I know what I am going to do this evening (release the inner grease monkeydevil.gif ):

post-4006-0-48330400-1355128934_thumb.jpg

Shall I bring beer? Bike build party.

What does the people at "um-um" say about you getting a nice bike like that delivered to work? Guess they didnt allow you to take it into plant?

And what Morewood party/gang am I missing out on in PE?? You all going to go ride the trails at Addo more often now?

Edited by hayleyearth