Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Second only to Stan's conversion. It will change your riding.

Stan's Tubeless? I've got tubeless already

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My XX1 groupo was finally fitted. Took it for a quick ride this pm and I must admit I am very very happy. Its as smooth as silk and the shiftsnare very quick.

I love not having a left hand shifter

post-18061-0-20327900-1378931289_thumb.jpg

The right hand shifter is just as snug as a XX.

post-18061-0-35828700-1378931338_thumb.jpg

The rest for me is absolute beauty.

post-18061-0-28860400-1378931387_thumb.jpg

post-18061-0-32524700-1378931428_thumb.jpg

My XX1 groupo was finally fitted. Took it for a quick ride this pm and I must admit I am very very happy. Its as smooth as silk and the shiftsnare very quick.

I love not having a left hand shifter

post-18061-0-20327900-1378931289_thumb.jpg

The right hand shifter is just as snug as a XX.

post-18061-0-35828700-1378931338_thumb.jpg

The rest for me is absolute beauty.

post-18061-0-28860400-1378931387_thumb.jpg

post-18061-0-32524700-1378931428_thumb.jpg

Yeah, no left hand shifter is awesome, isn't it?! I'm running 1x9 at the moment. Will sloooowly upgrade the components to the 10 speed / 11 speed via either a wolftooth or raceface and type 2 rd...

Yeah, no left hand shifter is awesome, isn't it?! I'm running 1x9 at the moment. Will sloooowly upgrade the components to the 10 speed / 11 speed via either a wolftooth or raceface and type 2 rd...

Does one need to get a specific crank in order to get the chainring centred wrt the cassette or is there another way around the spacing with a 2X10 crank?

Does one need to get a specific crank in order to get the chainring centred wrt the cassette or is there another way around the spacing with a 2X10 crank?

TBH I dunno. I think the easiest, cheapest way would be to get a set of extended crank bolts (the ones that are used with bash guards) and a few washers, to allow you to space it so that the chainring is in the middle of where the granny & big rings would be.

I've jsut used my triple crank, and removed the big & granny rings. That's pretty much a central chainline...

Guest Omega Man

TBH I dunno. I think the easiest, cheapest way would be to get a set of extended crank bolts (the ones that are used with bash guards) and a few washers, to allow you to space it so that the chainring is in the middle of where the granny & big rings would be.

I've jsut used my triple crank, and removed the big & granny rings. That's pretty much a central chainline...

You might have to take a grinder to the crank to take off the bits where the granny ring screws into so if you want to run a chainguide.

Damn you! I went and looked at those Race Face wide-narrow tooth rings, and now I'm talking myself out of buying one (or 4) of the things :unsure:

You might have to take a grinder to the crank to take off the bits where the granny ring screws into so if you want to run a chainguide.

Yes - done that already - forgot I had done that!

EDIT: BTW - this ONLY applies to ISCG mounted chain devices. BB mounted or seat tube mounted devices are fine and have no clearance issues

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Damn you! I went and looked at those Race Face wide-narrow tooth rings, and now I'm talking myself out of buying one (or 4) of the things :unsure:

You can send one down to me as a thank you!? :whistling:

if I can choose again I think I will go no chainguide and rather a wide-narrow...I think it is worth it!

I haven't seen any for sale in SA yet, might have to order online

You can send one down to me as a thank you!? :whistling:

I would, but they don't make a 44T... cos that's the one I would send you :P

if I can choose again I think I will go no chainguide and rather a wide-narrow...I think it is worth it!

Yeah, pity they weren't around when you built your bike...

but it's never too late to go back ;)

I haven't seen any for sale in SA yet, might have to order online

hahaha! I hadn't even considered the local agents :ph34r: :blush: :lol:

I would, but they don't make a 44T... cos that's the one I would send you :P

Yeah, pity they weren't around when you built your bike...

but it's never too late to go back ;)

For the next build I do it.

hahaha! I hadn't even considered the local agents :ph34r: :blush: :lol:

Well, I would def be keen if you are planning to import