2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got seeded in A for the MTB and DD for the road... seems mighty peculiar

As far as I know all 55km entries are Ax, where x is the starting group. So first group off is A1, then A2, A3 etc.

What number do you have after the A?

My least favourite part of the race... That k@k hill that sweeps right on the N14 just past the Total petroport...

post-6252-0-40087600-1351838053_thumb.png

My least favourite part of the race... That k@k hill that sweeps right on the N14 just past the Total petroport...

With enough speed on the downhill, momentum takes you quite far up before the slog begins.

The section after that past diepsloot always kills me. You can see the offramp, but it doesn't seem to get closer.

Off at 5h35 in #. Early rise.

With enough speed on the downhill, momentum takes you quite far up before the slog begins.

The section after that past diepsloot always kills me. You can see the offramp, but it doesn't seem to get closer.

What time do you get out of bed with a start time like that ???

I thought I was bad at 6h44!

3am (or try to at least). Got to the venue about an hour before our start last year and there were E riders all dressed up and nowhere to gowacko.png

Edited by Fester

Fester I'll see you in #, only problem is I don't really belong there. I'll be right at the back of the batch!

Anyone in group m and willing to TRY for a sub-3?

I'm in M but sub-3 might be a touch to far. Going for just otherwise of 3.

So i'm starting in L but i believe i could do a sub 3 hour my coach recons around sub 2h50 should be my goal according to my recent results. I haven't done that many road races ( only done 3 all in cape town and none were seeding events). Does anyone know if i will be able to get an earlier start time ? like around E or F ?

Thanks

So i'm starting in L but i believe i could do a sub 3 hour my coach recons around sub 2h50 should be my goal according to my recent results. I haven't done that many road races ( only done 3 all in cape town and none were seeding events). Does anyone know if i will be able to get an earlier start time ? like around E or F ?

Thanks

Without doing any seeding races i'm surprised you got L, usually they put you in the unseeded open cat.

Did a bit of a reconnaissance drive on that new section by Killarney mall up to Joe Slovo yesterday.

Eish! Looks like a bit of pain will be dished out there. K@k uphill past St. Johns...