2012 94.7

Agteros

Join The Cows charity group and enter as part of their racing group. Automatic VD batch start, no matter if you are unseeded

you will need to be able to do a sub 3 to join the cows' racing group

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you will need to be able to do a sub 3 ride to join the cows' racing group

I am definitely capable of a sub 3, how do I go about joining the group?

Does anybody know of a way I can improve my starting time? I haven't ridden a race in over two years and am unseeded, but my previous 94.7 times were all in the sub 2.45's. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can improve my starting time? Thank you for any feedback. Good luck to everybody racing

You could join our charity bond and start before the unseeded cyclists about 8am.

you need a big pill of HTFU , that all ( if you want to go fast that is ). this year i will break the sub 3 on my SS , its piss and boaring on a road bike but a SS mtb makes this race fun again and interesting .

I am planning on breaking sub 3 on the SS too. Any idea where you will be starting from?

I am planning on breaking sub 3 on the SS too. Any idea where you will be starting from?

they normally seed me with the Vets . they did it last year and i just dropped back to a lower group ( E ) as its no fun with them on a SS .will see where im seeded again this year and drop down to a group that normally has about a 30 AVG ( that was my Avg last year).

i have not entered yet so not sure .

A question for the regulars here, last year I did a 3:57 (my second race) and want to aim for sub 3:30 this year, what time would I start with a time like that?? any help would be appreciated.

I am definitely capable of a sub 3, how do I go about joining the group?

Not sure if this will work seeing that you havent done a race in two years. But if you did have a few races this yr you can buy a full racing Lic and then you get seeded in the racing Cat. This does however cost a bit of money for one race.

D-M.....not sure where you will start but I won't be too bothered about that if I were you.

I helped a few guys on my second lap last year to get a 3:28 and we started DEAD last. So possible! :thumbup:

It is just harder work because there are not too many guys to draft behind and catch a rest. :huh:

A question for the regulars here, last year I did a 3:57 (my second race) and want to aim for sub 3:30 this year, what time would I start with a time like that?? any help would be appreciated.

Read through the results of the groups this will give you some sort of idea. But then agian it all depneds on the day and who is in the group with you.

• 1 month later...

D-M.....not sure where you will start but I won't be too bothered about that if I were you.

I helped a few guys on my second lap last year to get a 3:28 and we started DEAD last. So possible! :thumbup:

It is just harder work because there are not too many guys to draft behind and catch a rest. :huh:

2 LAPS, AND 3:28 on your second lap!! How much do you charge to be a coach?

Part of the cow stampede again this year. Considreing the lack of training, may end up spending more time grazing on the side of the N14 :clap:

This winter has been too long! Started training properly again last week. I am suffering so badly on the bike trying to get the fitness going again and loosing the 3kg I picked up during winter

After many years of doing it on a road bike chasing a sub 3 (best 3:07 :( ), taking it easy this year on a MTB :D

post-6012-0-44715600-1339517316.jpg

might even take a bit longer and stop off for a beer (or two) this time. :clap:

Wow thats nice!!! I REALLY like the look!

Dont think I'll have time for the beer that day though :( ...it will be my 1st 94.7 and I want to see if I can come close to a 3h..