Cyclist killed in front of his Son.

Big H*

The problem in my opinion is that every one just blames instead of taking charge. Everything ends in shifting and pointing blame to someone else. It is always someone elses fault. And when all else fails, blame apartheid. #watertightargument

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my point they had the same issues as us and the problems persist today and will for a long time. There is no place in the US that segregate against colour, certainly not legislated segregation, in attitude yes, much like in SA. And I've been to the US several times.

I never said anything about legislated. They have the same racial issues that we have. This problem of racism is not a SA thing. The problem here is that people that are not responsible are being made to pay the debt. Ideally we should all build a bridge and get over it. Move on and move forward. The reality is that nobody is going to do that and that is because "we" keep on getting blames for stuff that "we" had no control over.

This debate is futile.

The problem in my opinion is that every one just blames instead of taking charge. Everything ends in shifting and pointing blame to someone else. It is always someone elses fault. And when all else fails, blame apartheid. #watertightargument

:clap: That's the problem right there. This place is like a game farm. Everybody wants to pass the buck.......

Are you sure about this? A lot of folks (black) say it was better 20 years back......

For interest sake, how old are you Scudd?

Which lot of folks?what is your reference?.....I think the question is more how old are you?

How terrible that the poor boy had to witness such a thing. My heart goes out to the family who are fatherless because someone decided that the price of someone else's goods is worth his life.

Condolences to family and friends

True. So do you suggest that he have a mass ride to Parliament to hand over some memorandum?

In all essence I do what I can, I pay taxes, vote, don't murder, etc. So I walk the straight and narrow - so also many others in SA. That is what we can do. But yet people are murdered every day and paintings are not painted every day. SO how do I stand out against JZ and the Spear?

We are in it for the ride. And if you don't like the ride, it is time to get off... My time is coming.

Which lot of folks?what is your reference?.....I think the question is more how old are you?

Not sure. I think I read it somewhere and also they interview the people a lot of times on the 7 o'clock Riaan Cruywagen afrikaans news and I do remember it being said more than once. But other than that I have no direct reference. But saying this probably makes me a racist hey Kranswurm?

Not sure. I think I read it somewhere and also they interview the people a lot of times on the 7 o'clock Riaan Cruywagen afrikaans news and I do remember it being said more than once. But other than that I have no direct reference. But saying this probably makes me a racist hey Kranswurm?

The worm is an expat, do not worry about him.

Random google search brings plenty of references up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8711089.stm

HAHA!So uit die perd se bek!

We need to fight crime in our own ways! Someone that works with me is part of a CPF, jeesh, you must hear the stories, but then, it's the only way that "they" will learn (op die harde manier). Seems more like a "fight fire with fire" setup.

But as long as we have that pielkop of a president running the show and not noticing what is going on in this country we might as well pack our stuff and leave..... for good.

Edited by FuelEX

But as long as we have that pielkop of a president running the show and not noticing what is going on in this country we might as well pack our stuff and leave..... for good.

Bwahahahahahaha!!

HAHA!So uit die perd se bek!

We need to fight crime in our own ways! Someone that works with me is part of a CPF, jeesh, you must hear the stories, but then, it's the only way that "they" will learn (op die harde manier). Seems more like a "fight fire with fire" setup.

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal05/2012/2/16/20/lol-2774-1329440971-15.jpg

That is my point they had the same issues as us and the problems persist today and will for a long time. There is no place in the US that segregate against colour, certainly not legislated segregation, in attitude yes, much like in SA. And I've been to the US several times.

Lets look at the historical facts.

South Africa initiated a policy of racial segregation in the 1950's. It was given a name. Apartheid.

Before that people could live where they wished, yet most still preferred to live among their kin and kind.

In the 1800's the USA initiated a policy of forced segregation. It was never officially named, although it was given many names. The Indian Wars springs to mind.

The indiginous population of the USA was forcefully removed from their ancestral tribal lands, and violently moved to reservations. Most Native Americans (Red Indians) still live on these reservations, 100 -150 years after they were formally moved. Was this not also a form of Apartheid? Was the forceful removal by the US Army of these Native Americans against their will not official policy, when the goverment sanctioned these events?

What was the idea behind apartheid? Was it to forcefully move people to locations not of their choosing, to thereby deny them fundamental human rights by disallowing them governance in any form, the right to schooling and the right to access to medical treatment?

Were the former homelands not situated in some of the best agricultural land in this country? The Ciskei, Transkei, Bophutatswana, Venda and KaNgwane homelands all seem to be situated in the ancestral and tribal areas where the indiginous populace of this county originally settled after they too moved to this country. Where did the black people in this country originate from? Where they in South Africa from the very beginning of time?

That being said, this thread was originally started to show sympathy for a cyclist that was shot and killed in the presence of his 10 year old son, who in turn was tied up and left next to the corpse of his murdered father.

From there it has become a political mud slinging contest.

In which other country in the world do you daily read of the types of crimes perpetrated against its inhabitants?

Where do you read of a 84 year old woman that is raped, her hands and feet restrained with wire, then her throat slit?

Where else do you read of a 5 month old bady strangled, and his body thrown under a bed?

Where else do you read of all the barbaric attacks on the infirm, elderly and helpless?

Where else do you read that a person was stoned to death because it was believed that they were witches, demons or that the ancestors had mentioned to someone that they were people hiding in the bodies of goats?

You often hear people say that the acts are animalistic or the perpetrators behaved like animals, yet in nature animals do not act like this.

They kill in order to survive. They do not torture, maim and behave in the manner in which these acts take place.

The sad truth is that 18 years into an enlightened and democratic new country, we have regressed to savagery, barbarianism and unhuman behaviour that has never been seen in history.

R.I.P Bruwer Smit.

R.I.P Louis Vorster.

R.I.P Valter Colmanet

R.I.P to all the other victims of this senseless crime that I did not personally know.