Ergofit Shocker!!!

Overlord

Im going to get a fit done, but I have one serious concern.

What the heck do you do if they say your frame is too big? I dont have the money to go and buy another one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for a BG fit last week and my frame is a bit to small for me so cannot get to the ideal setup... Also dont have the money for a new one so it will just have to do for now...

At 1.76 I ride a 54 with a 110mm stem. Am going to change the stem to a 90mm as I get some numbing shoulder pain after a while (did it with the mtb and it solved the issue). Interesting thing is that after a professional setup my knees told me something was bad, so I raised the saddle height by 20mm, and have not had any knee issue for three years... just lame shoulder blades and sore hands.

BTW, apparently my ideal size is a 52 cm.... :mellow:

I'am also 1.76 and had a 54 cm that where to big (at least it was a very entry level bike, which I use on the trainer now). Bought a 52 cm with 120 cm stem, and it is much better fit. I might go to a 140mm stem... saddle height is 73.5 cm

115mm stem...sounds like the computer wants you riding a unicycle.Your chin will be flapping on the front tyre lol :lol:

eeish the onetime engine going to have the cranks around the pilots ears .... oh yes, flippen well done on the S2C!

What the heck do you do if they say your frame is too big? I dont have the money to go and buy another one.

Get the assessment done, RB.

Then you can plan for the future to change your bike, if need be.

The sooner, the better. :-)

I'am also 1.76 and had a 54 cm that where to big (at least it was a very entry level bike, which I use on the trainer now). Bought a 52 cm with 120 cm stem, and it is much better fit. I might go to a 140mm stem... saddle height is 73.5 cm

Hope these are road bikes or something... wtf 140mm,must be way to far forward over front wheel. Spells collarbone to me :mellow:

I found that the main dimensions to be concerned about is top tube and head tube. If you need a shorter head tube you might get away by getting a shorter stem or if your head tube is too long you might need to lose some spacers. Most shoulder and neck pain I experienced was from my reach being to cramped and my drop from saddle to handlebar was too low Discuss it with your fitter after assessment and I am sure you can make some tweaks. Atleast when you are in the market again for a new frame you have a better idea what to buy.

and your height has nothing to do with your reach, and its all about your reach, that will determine your position on the bike. I am a M / L but have to ride XL bikes cause apparently i have arms like a gorilla, best thing i ever did, since changing to XL frame life now makes so much more sense. So dont knock it till you try it.

This is what mine said: I am 178

M.T.B.Size M

Seat height 73.7

Setback 6.7

Reach A 68.8

Drop 6.3

Top tube 59

Stem 100

Crank length 175

Road Bike Size 54

Seat height 74

Setback 7

Reach A 66.4

Drop 8.3

Top tube 55.4

Stem 110

Crank length 172.5

Edited by Chain-L

Bigger frames can be corrected by shorter stems most of the time, but youve been riding it anyway as is, so the fit wont be perfect but they can make it better with saddle positioning , shorter stems, etc. At least youll know when you buy your next bike.

I'd get a second opinion from a "reputable" source...

I'm 193cm and ride a 61cm road bike and XL MTB.

Did a fitment at Sport Schience Institute with Dr Jeroen Swart.

Increased my saddle hight from 81 to 83.3cm and saddle forward somewhat.

I'd get a second opinion from a "reputable" source...

I'm 193cm and ride a 61cm road bike and XL MTB.

Did a fitment at Sport Schience Institute with Dr Jeroen Swart.

Increased my saddle hight from 81 to 83.3cm and saddle forward somewhat.

Yeah thats a good case in point to my previous post i ride an XL mtb and only 181, also done with Jeroen and Renay. So just because your really tall doesnt mean you have to follow the basic guidelines as per the internet, beleive it or not sometimes the internet is wrong :P

Yeah thats a good case in point to my previous post i ride an XL mtb and only 181, also done with Jeroen and Renay. So just because your really tall doesnt mean you have to follow the basic guidelines as per the internet, beleive it or not sometimes the internet is wrong :P

Do you have an Ape index of plus 5? You should consider swimming...watch out thorpe.

Ape Index

Edited by Chain-L

Do you have an Ape index of plus 5? You should consider swimming...watch out thorpe.

Ape Index

Carefull now my arms are so long i can donner you around a corner :D

Carefull now my arms are so long i can donner you around a corner :D

I will make sure there is 4 bike lenghts between us...