Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

I think Sky lacked that instinctive 'opportunity' when they leashed Froome Dog.

Stick to the plan.

Follow the 480 watt rule.

Etc.

Pity.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sky lacked that instinctive 'opportunity' when they leashed Froome Dog.

Stick to the plan.

Follow the 480 watt rule.

Etc.

Pity.

It would be interesting to see Froome picked up by another team and racing against Wiggins in future.As much as I like Froome, he will need a team of similar Sky quality in order to beat them.

Sky keeping Froome on a leash is the right strategy for Sky. You wouldn't want your 2 top riders battling each other allowing number 3 and 4 to capitalise thereon.

I am surprised that BMC and more specifically Evans is not able to better face up to Sky. Is that because BMC/Evans is weak, or is it that Sky/Wiggins is too strong?

For me the tour has been double as bad!!All the guys I like ended up being useless...Gesink, Sanchez,Valverde, Andy( not even riding) and Froome not being able to ride he's own race.

So it has been like watching the worldcup final without SA playing....I still enjoy the sport but I am not glued to the tv.

On the Gc side I am glad Nibali is still there because if it was not for him I think the tour organizers would have had a big problem on their hands, from a GC perspective this tour is dangerously close to the most boring in a very long time.

What I do like however is the breakaway guy's and sprinters this year making thing interesting for sure...Sagan,Greipel,Voeckler,LL Sanchez,Jens.

Think the organizers again made a big mistake with Goss and the 30 points...they basically just killed the green comp and that was one of the things keeping the race interesting. Especially because it was a borderline call in the first place.

Enjoying Jens at the moment big time, the guy can't go on forever like this so I love watching him race now more than ever.

Edited by nochain

What a lag and what a celebration of talent.

Up until this tour some here have only heard a bit of Froome, some here probably didn't even think he would get to the finish.

Some here never took the name serious enough, but it's a glorious day for cycling and a great celebration of the sport when a silent underdog whips ass.

Adam Hansen kisses his Babe good bye before the start of yesterday's stage.

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tour-de-France-2012-stage16-2-2.jpg

Cadel fans, gotta love 'em...

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tour-de-France-2012-stage16-3.jpg

What a lag and what a celebration of talent. Up until this tour some here have only heard a bit of Froome, some here probably didn't even think he would get to the finish. Some here never took the name serious enough, but it's a glorious day for cycling and a great celebration of the sport when a silent underdog whips ass.

1000% agree!!!

Would just love to see him go all out on a mountain top finish, because like I said before the tour I think he is on perfect form for the 3rd week and with form like that I think even he wants to let the legs go...just once! But we will see that plenty of times to come in the future.

I think the climbs in this year does not really suit him anyway, he seems to be better on the HC climbs...the high mountains and this year all the finishes are on cat 1 climbs. He will be better on a alpe d'huez type of finish.

Maybe he should go for the Giro next year and the tour the year after?

He rode the Giro before the Tour. He was poked. With no Giro in his legs before the Tour it would've been a different story.

The year Contador won and Armstrong was 3rd. Contador found himself up front with the 2 Schlecks brothers, Contador must really have had a painful neck the way he was rubber necking looking for Armstrong to catch up (which Armstrong did). WHY, surely he could have easily rode away from them.

Also if you a threat and have a mechanical don't think Contador will have sympathy the way Wiggins did with Evans.

A good read on why you all think the tour is boring

http://www.cyclespor...he-queen-stage/

I found the tour extremely boring 1999-2005 but I knew that was because I disliked the Texan and he kept winning.

Maybe it's boring this year because you fancied the weaker guy?

I missed all of the tour since last week Thursday, but up until then I was riveted to my seat, quite an enjoyable tour for me.

The year Contador won and Armstrong was 3rd. Contador found himself up front with the 2 Schlecks brothers, Contador must really have had a painful neck the way he was rubber necking looking for Armstrong to catch up (which Armstrong did). WHY, surely he could have easily rode away from them.

Also if you a threat and have a mechanical don't think Contador will have sympathy the way Wiggins did with Evans.

Is the stage you're talking about that one where he was criticised for attacking the Schlecks and leaving Kloden behind?