Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

My little synopsis prediction for this TdeF:..........read Wiggins for the win!

You make the time on your opponents on the TT's. With your "strong" team guiding you through and putting you up front on the good mountain days AND protecting you as much as much as possible on the bad days in the mountains, of which their is always one! Limit your losses.

Edited by headhunter

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My little synopsis prediction for this TdeF:..........read Wiggins for the win!

You make the time on your opponents on the TT's. With your "strong" team guiding you through and putting you up front on the good mountain days AND protecting you as much as much as possible on the bad days in the mountains, of which their is always one! Limit your losses.

Yeah, I think Team Sky is the best prepared team.

But that's the map.

Now for the terrain. Real racing over 3 weeks.

Come on, 30 June. :clap:

Did JB okay that?

Think he made the decision.

I am trying to find out if this is a rumour or fact.......

He'll have Basso as a super duper domestique. Cool!

GO, NIBALI!

I don't think having Basso on his team as is going Nibali any good once the pace gets above walking pace and the hill gets steeper than flat, Basso was such a disappointment in the Giro, time to make way for some young untainted guys?

Think he made the decision.

I am trying to find out if this is a rumour or fact.......

Presser on it this afternoon.

A Schlek, Nibali, Valverde etc. need to get to a point where they don't get dropped by the lead bunch on the climbs, before they can think about long breaks to make up time. Both Evans and Wiggins will get stronger from where they are now. The only hope for the rest is that these two have mistimed their training.

Sky's domestiques (Froome, Porte, Rogers) may still get stronger too - they are on the same racing plan as Wiggins. I think they will be strong enough to close anything down even in the few mountain stages, unlike last year where Evans got isolated and had to do the job himself.

I would prefer Evans for the win, imo he is the only contender with a chance, but unless he can match Wiggins in the 2 long TTs, he could be racing for 2nd place.

Hesjedal won't feature imo. Contador could not do the Giro TDF double, and Hesjedal is not in the same class/use inferior supplements.

I'd put a bet on one of the Radioshack mob for a podium, they got a strong experienced team as well and have been pretty much under the radar up to now (read under the radar as saving their powder for the next battle) unt JB would luv to go out with a big bang...

Presser on it this afternoon.

Looks like he is out but not so sure about the "back issue"

After the last few weeks i am sure Andy and JB will be parting ways after this season.

I'd put a bet on one of the Radioshack mob for a podium, they got a strong experienced team as well and have been pretty much under the radar up to now (read under the radar as saving their powder for the next battle) unt JB would luv to go out with a big bang...

Frank on the podium and Jakob and Jensie will work for him.

It's at 4 PM.

On the same timezone as SA?

ps, Loved this tweet from Lemmer: @GrootLem: Seems that Radioshack swopped the back x-rays of Horner and Andy Schleck by accident

ps, Loved this tweet from Lemmer: @GrootLem: Seems that Radioshack swopped the back x-rays of Horner and Andy Schleck by accident

:whistling:

:D

We are on the same time.

Loved that tweet