Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know :thumbup:

But still love to give you a hard time !

I see the pics of you in puke green kit!!!!

You crazy...

:P

Hincapie to retire at end of 2012 season.

One of Evans's most valuable team members.

Another big thing Sky is doing right imo is they have put together a squad for the TDF a months ago and these guys have been living together, training together, doing lots of training camps etc. They have been formed into a unit to focus on winning the Tour, and that is what they are going to do. They even have got Froome as a plan B - no other team has that depth. Radioshack and BMC can not match them in preparation. I think the sponsors would want Wiggins to win - I don't think Froome will be able to do his own thing as long as Wiggins is in contention, Sky looks too organised and focussed for that. Froome's best opportunity will be if Wiggins crashes out early. It is interesting to see the betting odds for Evans and Wiggins posted on another thread - looks like the bookies favour Evans. I think the result Dauphine will change that.

I read somewhere that by the time Wiggins hits the tour he would have done a 100 000 meters of climbing(vertical meters not distance) at altitude during those training camps. Who does that these days?? Actually measure every meter he climbs at altitude in prep. He also is one of the only riders in the races that sit down for a cool down ride even before he gets into the team bus after the big stages. They are doing things in a different way from what we have seen over the last couple of years...post Lance era.

Edited by nochain

Hincapie to retire at end of 2012 season.

One of Evans's most valuable team members.

Thank goodness for that, he's getting to old now!

I must admit he was the reason i bought my first pair of oakley racing jackets in 2003.

My prediction TDF- 2013.... ALBERTO CONTADOR!

Schleckie is gonna kick his azzz in 2013...

:whistling:

My prediction TDF- 2013.... ALBERTO CONTADOR!

Nope...Dopador is over the hill. All his wins will now have a question mark over them, as he has proven that he is willing to dope :thumbdown:

Er, mind games?

A report from Team Sky's Yates says that Twiggo hasn't peaked yet...

http://www.cyclingne...asnt-peaked-yet

I've been following his training with his new aussie coach and the whole thing is about bringing back a total level of fitness that is suited for the Tour but not just about the tour. One of Wiggos things was about 1 race wonders for the season, he's an old skool rider at heart and still idolises people like Kelly, Merckx and all those riders that could win throughout the season.

I don't think he's peaked, if his focus really is the tour as the pinnacle of a great season he would't have made such a school boy error by turning up at top form 3 weeks out.

Did you see his training camp in Tenerife... brutally simple.

He's got such a great team and knows that is one of the key things and isn't shy to admit it. Really hope he takes it (even tho he's a pom!).

And when Yates speaks - believe. Big Sean... killer descender, brutal domestique, handy as feck against the clock and always impeccably colour co-ordinated.

Dishing it out so hard that even Fignon is about to sh*t himself.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lci158L6oe1qbxnpgo1_400.jpg

Edited by hellocolour

(even tho he's a pom!).

There's an Aussie or two in the team, and Froome is an African hybrid of sorts, although identified as a Brit now, but that's just thanks to his toff roots in Kenya.

Is that Sean Kelly above? He is commentating on Eurosport a lot with David Harmon, beats the pants out of P&P.

Let the show (battle) begin!

And when Yates speaks - believe. Big Sean... killer descender, brutal domestique, handy as feck against the clock and always impeccably colour co-ordinated.

Dishing it out so hard that even Fignon is about to sh*t himself.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lci158L6oe1qbxnpgo1_400.jpg

Holly Molly. Check the angle of his shoes on the pedals. Must have taken alot of skin off his ankles back in the day

Edited by exclusive

Nope...Dopador is over the hill. All his wins will now have a question mark over them, as he has proven that he is willing to dope :thumbdown:

Typical Spanish rider! Majority of them dope... Never liked any spanish/Italian/French rider, and will never do!

The RADIOSHACK NISSAN TREK Team Management made a preselection of 14 riders for the 2012 Tour de France (June 30 – July 22).

Fabian Cancellara, Jakob Fuglsang, Tony Gallopin, Linus Gerdemann, Markel Irizar, Andreas Klöden, Maxime Monfort, Yaroslav Popovych, Gregory Rast, Hayden Roulston, Andy Schleck, Fränk Schleck, Jens Voigt & Haimar Zubeldia

The final roster of 9 riders will be announced in the week of June 18.

No Chris Horner :thumbdown: