Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Personally I agree, my feeling is Froome will not leave Sky in the near future, as long as the winning trajectory continues uninterrupted.

If you read my ramble a page or two back you will see the reasons as to why.

He is there to stay, for a while at least.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without knowing much, with all the teams folding in and around the PRO cycling scene, Team Sky is one solid and sustainable outfit.

If Froome was my lil' brother, I'd tell him to stay and enjoy some high quality team environment.

Without knowing much, with all the teams folding in and around the PRO cycling scene, Team Sky is one solid and sustainable outfit.

If Froome was my lil' brother, I'd tell him to stay and enjoy some high quality team environment.

Absolutely ,there is much money there.

Read it, I don't have the insight you do but my thinking is along the same lines :thumbup: Sky is the team to be on right now if you want to go places. Wiggins and all of the guys behind the team are 150% committed to winning a tour for Britain. And the money is there to throw behind their effort. After that who knows how the pecking order will present itself.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Read it, I don't have the insight you do but my thinking is along the same lines :thumbup: Sky is the team to be on right now if you want to go places. Wiggins and all of the guys behind the team are 150% committed to winning a tour for Britain. After that who knows how the pecking order will present itself.

Hehehehe, and I think this is where it's going to get really hard,

Hehehehe, and I think this is where it's going to get really hard,

Ye Wiggins is only 32, he no doubt has a few tours left in him. Maybe the Giro can be a leadership opportunity for Froome.

Ye Wiggins is only 32, he no doubt has a few tours left in him. Maybe the Giro can be a leadership opportunity for Froome.

My thoughts exactly..

Froome is quite new to the top levels of cycling (last years Vulta?) and I think he would be a fool to go for the first best offer from a smaller lesser team. With so many high profile athletes all firing on 110% he is at the best place right now. and can learn from them. Although I cant imagine it being to easy riding for tWiggo..

Yeah, a big one.

The Tour’s handbook lists this as one of only three étapes de grande difficulté or “stages of great difficulty” owing to the climbing and the distance.

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2012/1000/PROFIL.jpg

Me thinks today is a nice day to attack the Yellow Yersy.. :P

not to much flat at the end either..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-looks-for-allies-to-take-on-wiggins

I see Nibali is looking for an allies to take on the Yellow, Van den Broeck vowes to attack and Cadel needs 2 minutes, and another 2 before the end to be in for a chance.

I see the start of a beautifull friendship ;)

Something along the lines of let Froome make pace up the Colombier and Cadel&friends wheelsuck to the top. Wiggo was expecting a break the whole way so might be caught napping when the attack comes at the top, then Cadel& friends who are good desenders make a break for it down the other side of the Colombier and try to open some more over the last couple of kms..

One thing is for sure, Evans will attack = Great entertainment.

Nibali has been all talk.. lets see what he's got

The derailleur made its debut in le Tour in 1937...

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/07/9O5B9017-631x421.jpg

still 20km after the summit of the last hill, as much as I'd like Nibali to get away I think Froome and Wiggins may very well be able to pull themselves back before the finish, but no harm in trying :devil:

The fireworks will truly be lit tomorrow :clap:

Hopefully there will be an early solo effort by one of the top 10 guys today. Put a teammate up the road from the get-go, then attack on the first big hill and try to join up with them.

Opportunities for Nibali today with 30km + of descent in the last 45km.