Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

sky had a cadence competition. Cav clocked 227 rpm at the pedals. Assume a 53-11 gear and a 700 wheel that would give 453.03 KmH.

Edited by TiBones

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can't climb, he will.

Maybe he wants to go on the Colombier and with them 5minutes ahead they might wait for him close to the top and pace him on the downhill section as long as possible...only a cat 3 climb left then so they should be usefull.

But he needs to get away first...

Edited by nochain

sky had a cadence competition. Cav clocked 227 rpm at the pedals. Assume a 53-11 gear and a 26" wheel that would give 427.25 KmH.

This year's team car obviously a major upgrade on the one they had at the Giro

sky had a cadence competition. Cav clocked 227 rpm at the pedals. Assume a 53-11 gear and a 700 wheel that would give 453.03 KmH.

road bikes are 29" wheels

Why would you assume a gear that tall?

53:11 = 4.818 : 1 Ratio so 227 x 4.818 = 1093rpm at the back wheel. Peripheral speed of a 700 mm wheel = (700 x pi) = 2199... ooops! sorry ! {takes klap to back of head}

Actually its 137,41km/h

that sounds better..when I spin out on a downhill in 11x53 I sure aint doing 200odd km/h

Why would you assume a gear that tall?

Just for max effect... It would be unlikely, you would agree, that he could turn a 53:11 at 227 rpm?

Interesting thing I read on this about Sagan.

"It was in mountain biking where Sagan earned his nickname, the Terminator—not because of what he did to the competition but what he did to his equipment. “He was always destroying wheels and tires,” said Slongo. Just 17 years old, Sagan was an obvious talent."

Big breakaway at 5 mins, including Sagan and Goss, hunting those intermediate sprint points:

Right, finally had official word from up the road. There's 25 of them in this break. They are (deep breath):

Burghardt and Cummings (BMC); Popovych and Voigt (RNT): Arashiro (EUC): Martinez (EUS); Sagan (LIQ); Scarponi (LAM); Millar and Zabriskie (GRS); Peraud (ALM); Jeandesboz (SAU); Horrach (KAT); Casar, Hutarovich and Ladagnous (FDJ); Sanchez (RAB); Kroon and Morkov (STB); Fofonov and Grivko (AST); Devenyns (OPQ); and Gerrans and Goss (OGE)

This break away could be a very cool launch pad for even Scarponi, Sanchez and Casar..If they find their legs somewhere..

Maybe he wants to go on the Colombier and with them 5minutes ahead they might wait for him close to the top and pace him on the downhill section as long as possible...only a cat 3 climb left then so they should be usefull. But he needs to get away first...

You are talking about the ex-King of THE WHEELSUCKERS here? Amazing how Cadel is going to have to change his tactics now that the leader is a great time trial rider and not A Schleck.

I can't wait to see his attempts to steal a few seconds on every summit.

You are talking about the ex-King of THE WHEELSUCKERS here? Amazing how Cadel is going to have to change his tactics now that the leader is a great time trial rider and not A Schleck. I can't wait to see his attempts to steal a few seconds on every summit.

Hehe yes he has to do something and if he does not try today it is because he does not have the legs.I simply can't see BMC sending 2 guys to go and just spend some time in the break for nothing.They have build the whole team to just ride for Cadel so if they go in a move it must be to help him somehow...otherwise they would just be wasting energy?