Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

I see Daryl Impey has tweeted he will be in the tour - so we will have 2 saffers in the field :thumbup: (plus froomie so call it 2 and a half)

:clap: :clap:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Cav, a full repost of a repost...

LOL - self facepalm http://velorooms.com/Smileys/msn/facepalm.gif

Having been in Canada there's not much been said about the tour, even in the US I didnt see much hype, a small bit in the papers about Phinney going to the Olympics but the tour is largely ignored.

Personally I dont see how Wiggins can lose now as I understand Andy is also no longer competing, maybe Frank will step up his game a bit but its hard to see him as a serious top step competitor.......but I dont know, I have not been in the loop for 5/6 weeks odd.

Just as a matter of interest LA's latest issues, in contrast, made massive news in the US. The "USA Today" a paper largely sympathetic to American sportsmen and women was scathing in their reporting saying he should stop protesting and let the investigation continue, basically saying he is not above the law or any investigation and if such an investigation was sanctioned there are obviously merits, and perhaps he should stop trying to divert attention.

From my point he has lost massive support in the USA, of course he has his supporters and always will, Marion Jones also still has pockets of supporters and always will, but mainstream America has been slowly distancing themselves from LA due to these issues. Sad, because at one stage I think he was so popular he could have run for political office, today I doubt thats a reality.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Did Hesjedal's victory in the Giro spark massive public interest there in the sport?

:mellow:

Did Hesjedal's victory in the Giro spark massive public interest there in the sport?

:mellow:

No nothing that I saw. Cycling is not major in the everyday Americans sporting interests, although there are hundreds of miles of bike paths and cities actively promote cycling its more in the commuter field, I dont recall ever seeing anyone cycling with anything other than takkies or those flip flops you buy with small cleats.

The cycling culture as we know it here is almost non existant, bikes are used for commuting and riding to the beach, racing is very,very,very small.