Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Eish, Martin is having a rough tour and it's only Day 2

Martin still going to take the ITT's you check

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin still going to take the ITT's you check

It's a real battle between Cancellara and Martin.

Looking forward to that.

What a day's cycling. That finish was just awesome. How strong was Sagan?

Very, although he struggled to help Spartacus at one stage.

He didn't want to help. He sat there and said NO, I'm going to win this, you're in front, stay there. Smart.

Sagan did the right thing. He wanted the stage and you cant let Spartacus sit on your tail with a finish like that. Spartacus gets yellow, Sagan gets stage.

Yup, that's why I mention him as an exception. But historically (and in general) climbers != great TTers, so I'm asking for *why* they often can't ride TT when they obviously have great power-to-weight. The Schlecks, for example.

True. pure climbers have a lot of explosive power, in short bursts. Look at old videos of Pantani climbing. In and out of the saddle. That doesn't translate to a sustained effort as in a TT.

Sagan seems an arrogant youngster who still needs to learn from the big dogs.......... Hope he doesn't need the help of Spartacus in the foreseeable future, cause he aint gonna get it!

Quite the opposite. Sagan comes across as a true Champion. With a capital C. Those are few and far between in this sport.

I know Seraing looks a tad industrial, still nice though, but how beautiful a city was Liege? Go on Grumpy choon them about lush green trees, beautiful roses and what have you. Haha!

And while I'm picking you, was that not exciting enough for you?

I know Seraing

... sounds like a city hosting the finish of a stage in the Tour De Langkawi...

Sagan seems an arrogant youngster who still needs to learn from the big dogs.......... Hope he doesn't need the help of Spartacus in the foreseeable future, cause he aint gonna get it!

Its all about a sprinters attitude and boy can he back it up. 14 stages so far this season. Another thing he can climb and he can time trial. I think as he matures he will be another Cancellara.

he will be another Cancellara.

Look, I know f'all about cycling, but I think that's not fair. Sagan will be the first Sagan, and I think he is already a Champion, as opposed to Cancelara's champion...

Edited by TNT1

Look, I know f'all about cycling, but I think that's not fair. Sagan will be the first Sagan, and I think he is already a Champion, as opposed to Cancelara's champion...

I will be the first to say I like Sagan and he is going places and has a huge amount of talent. He has his own talents and so does Spartacus. Let me say this then he may even be better than Spartacus one day.